toggle switch ignition map on the 2007 TE

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by vtr, Nov 29, 2010.

1. vtr Husqvarna
    C Class

I was wondering if anybody know about this special part (toggle switch ignition map) with the Husqvarna ref. 8000A9152 that special part have 2 ignition maps and need the racing simplify cable ref.8000A9151 to function on the 2007 TE450.
    My bike CDI ref. is 8000A4052 CU7511 5F02 and I really like to have more information about this
    If any of you guys can help me I do appreciated
  2. vtr Husqvarna
    C Class

Maybe this help

Maybe this that I cought from thumber talk help me to explain what I'm looking for

"Would you happen to know if the ignition module supplied with the bikes imported to the US are equiped with the dual ignition maps? If so would one have to buy the race harness to acces both maps?
    I was informed that US models are Euro2 and those have CDIs with only one ignition curve...to have two ignition curves, you need the racing wiring w/ PN that i put in another thread and a Euro3 CDI...

So, what you need if its a Euro3:
    TE250:
    Silencer w/o catalyser: 8000A7737 (officially won't give more power but much lighter)
    Rubber anti-heat: 800048802
    Simplified wiring: 8000A9151
    Ignition switch: 8000A9152
    Rubber carb inlet: 8000A5737

TE450/510:
    Silencer w/o catalyser: 8000A7738 (officially won't give more power but much lighter)
    Rubber anti-heat: 800048802 (same as TE250)
    Simplified wiring: 8000A9151 (same as TE250)
    Ignition switch: 8000A9152 (same as TE250)
    Rubber carb inlet: 8000A5783"
  3. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I have it on my 2010 TE 310. All EFI Husky's have the dual map capability, you just need to buy the switch (or make one). Your harness already has the plug for it in the headlight bundle.

This switch does not change you to a racing map in the ECU, that is done as part of the power up process when you remove the CO2 plug and install the shunt adapter to the harness. This switch controls the 2 CDI curves and gives you 2 different ignition curves to choose from.

SEL 1 is full power, default mode of operation
    SEL 2 is slightly retarded ignition for muddy/slippery conditions to help with traction

With bike running, hold the button down for 2-3 seconds and in your display you will see SEL 2 pop up, then let off the switch. You are now in SEL 2 for mapping (slippery). Bike always defaults to SEL 1, so if you turn off the key, when you re-start the bike, you'll be in SEL 1.
  4. racer514 Husqvarna
    AA Class

IS this option available for an 08 TE450?
  5. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    8000 H0590 Double-mode button, is the part number and it doesn't show as an option for the 08's in the 2008 parts listing.
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    No, only 09/10's.

Its really not that usefull- I have it because it is 20 $ and I figured it should be on the bike since it exists as an option- so worth a try. ALL it does is taper off power at about 6000 rpms. Its a softer hit. So you are less likely to loop it on an uphill- or spin the rear in some low traction slop. All of this is easily regulated with your right wrist and left fingers... I might use it if the I am riding in slop all day or for extended periods of time- but conditions and traction changes so often I find myself not going through pushing the button much- you have to hold it for about 4 seconds to change which is forever in these conditions. So don't sweat the "dual mode button":cool:
  7. Guys I'm interested in knowing how likely is to place a double-switch mapping (dry / wet) in a husky te450 2008. My motoclicleta has EFI injection system, but it is difficult to control on steep wet ...
    I do not know that I can do to adjust the te450 so that it resembles the double mapping
    Thank you very much for your knowledge ..
    Sorry for my English but I'm from Costa Rica
  8. Guys I'm interested in knowing how likely is to place a double-switch mapping (dry / wet) in a husky te450 2008. My motoclicleta has EFI injection system, but it is difficult to control on steep wet ...
    I do not know that I can do to adjust the te450 so that it resembles the double mapping
    Thank you very much for your knowledge ..
    Sorry for my English but I'm from Costa Rica