1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Too much spooge!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jsleeper, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi, I have changed my jetting to 30 pilot/4th clip/450 main on my wife's WR125. It still spooges like crazy.

In all fairness, she hardly ever opens the PV. However, I can take the bike out for 1-2 hours of hard riding and still have spooge running down the exhaust can and dripping on the swing arm.

The concern I have is that the spooge seems to be more gas than oil. It is not a black drip running down the pipe, but a black/clear stream about .5-1" wide. This happens more when I ride the bike hard.

Could this be from the floats be too high? Why would this happen more when the bike is ridden hard.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

JS,

I think what happens a lot is that when your wife rides it she never unloads the wad in the pipe that is also mixed with the unburned fuel from inefficient combustion. When you jump on it you are clearing out more than just what you are running through the bike but also everything that has built up in the pipe.

I was seeing this when I was purposefully running the bike for extended periods on the bottom end. Once I let it rip for a ride it cleared up. :excuseme:

Walt
  3. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Not too much you can do besides wait for your wife gets a little faster and opens the bike up more often.

I ride my 125 fairly hard but theres alot of trails I have to lug it around in the mid range. I get a black line about 2" down the silencer. But I've never fouled a plug so I don't think its a problem.
  4. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks. Yep. We have 30 hours on it with the origional plug. It fires up first kick (or 2-3 of my wife's wild kicking technique).

I was riding behind her today and could hear her hitting the PV, so it probably will not be long. But she is not the type to blast from corner to corner. She is the smooth type.

The bike has been amazing for her skill development though.

JS