Top 5 spot to ride in the US

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ozzie, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have just read woodchicks ride report, and it tells me that the big land down under does not have the monopoly on the best tracks in the world. Before I got my Husky and hooked up with Cafe Husky I had no desire to go to the US, but after reading and watching you tube links it has started a little burning desire to jump on a plane to the US and do some riding.
    So what I would like you guys to do is to list your top 5 ride for some one who would like to ride in the US. This might cause some in house rivalry between states, but I'm up for a good laugh:lol:

And thanks woodchick for the ride report:thumbsup:

Kel
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

There are so many really great places to ride you will get many sudgestions. If I had one place to ride before I croak, I would spend a couple of weeks in Moab, Utah. Best time is April/May or Sept/Oct.

Walt
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

washington, moab, arizona. awesome.

there's no good riding in idaho.we all go to california for riding vacations. ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good point Mark, I forgot Washington sucks too. :D

[IMG]
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Since you are all mentioning "sucky" places to ride, it's funny that you would mention going to Cali to ride, since most natives seem to like to go elsewhere to ride whenever they can.:busted:

This thread is starting to sound more like a fishing report. Everybody wants to talk about the great fishing and show pictures of their fish, but don't want to report what lake they went to.:lol:
  7. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Well, I'm going to have to be a homer and put in a plug for Norcal where you will find some of the best single-track trails in the country. Although I've never ridden up in the PNW, I've seen enough pics and vids by Motosportz to know that it's heaven on earth for s/t as well.

I'm going to attempt to post a vid of Downieville trails. This isn't me, btw, but I've always like checkin' this guys helmetcam vids.

http://contour.com/video/downieville-3

http://contour.com/video/downieville-1

http://contour.com/video/downieville-2

http://contour.com/video/downieville-4

Attached Files:

8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Shit !! Scuse my French. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to properly post a pic on this site. :banghead:
  9. jjg76 Husqvarna
    B Class

I live in San Diego, but have ridden both Moab (Utah) and Taylor Park (Colorado). Both areas were terrific and unique. Moab has vertical rocks that stand over 1000' while Taylor Park allows you to connect mountains in excess of 12'000'. Also, if you want a break from single-track while riding in the Taylor Park area, you can spend a day in Gunnison playing on desert like terrain.

If you are near San Diego and you like riding desert, then visiting Octotillo Wells (hardpacked) and Glamis (dunes) is a ton of fun. Try to hook up with somebody who knows the areas because they are quite large.
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Mark,

Boise is just about the best place to live if you want to ride year around. Owyhees all winter and then awsome low to high elevation riding the rest of the year. :thumbsup:

Walt
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    depends on point of view,,,but its definitly not here!! after seeing some of those locations
  12. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    downieville looks unbelievable:eek:

thanks for posting that !!

been to MOAB but sadly just passing through no bikes...I love that kind of terrain
  13. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree with all the votes for Moab, and I would rate it #1 because it is so unlike anywhere I have ever been. NorCal is great but you need to meet up with people in the know to find some of the better stuff. Have ridden in Colorado and enjoyed it a lot and the pics on here of Idaho and Washington are fantastic. I have to say (please don't hate), but true mountain single track for me no matter where it is CA,CO or elsewhere just seems similar- Moab is a place all it's own...
  14. cbienusa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 CR250,17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 YZ250
    I have to agree with Walt and Kelly. Moab is awesome PNW looks awesome also "definately on my bucket list". But I got to blow MT's horn there are really some cool rides if you know the right people here. The problem is the forest service will not maintain the trails so it is up to us riders. With the fires here in 2000 most trails are now becoming impassable. Anyway here is a clip of one of the local faves,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c0sd-swhTA Overwitch trail after our first snow this year. Chris
  15. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Since I ask you guys about your to 5 I will tell you my top 5
    #1 MT Buller to Bright in Vic 135-145 ks in the high country
    #2 Neerim South to Noojee and back to Neerim South 120 Ks pub at Noojee for lunch is gold
    #3Yarra State forest all over half day to all day
    #4 Finke to Alice Springs NT around the 190-200 Ks Its our Baja (Dingo got my baby county)
    #5 The Blue light ride it has 400 to 700 bike Its a trail ride the cop put on every year

Just one question what state is Moab in?
  16. Da Prez Husqvarna
    AA Class

My votes in no order are:

Colorado

Michigan - upper peninsula or the MCCCT route in the lower.

Organized rides - Hammer Run in New Jersey
    Quarry Run in NY

Riding all these places over the course of a summer would be the ultimate vacation for me.:thumbsup:
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    GPNF .... WA state \ maybe OR ...
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    As long as you are on a Husky, the trail is good. :ride:
  19. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    If you want to ride a motocross track, Red Bud in Buchanan, Michigan is probably the nicest track in the country.
  20. knevo Husqvarna
    A Class

i saw a move called 'a town called alice' looks like my kinda place to ride!