1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Top end done?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kodynjolstad, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Kodynjolstad Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 250
    I'm asking this question for my friend because he doesn't have an account and I guess it's just easier for me to ask haha. He's not getting and power from his bike, just revs really high but doesn't go anywhere in a hurry. So basically high rev and the acceleration isn't matching up. The engine was rebuilt about 10 hours ago so we are confused? Any input would be great
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If the engine is revving and not pulling the bike the clutch might be slipping. If it has no midrange pull but revs it could be power valve not working correctly. It's hard to guess because your discription of the problem is vague.
  3. Kodynjolstad Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 250
    It doesn't really have pull anywhere, it just revs the same as it use to and earlier today we were riding and then it stopped pulling and the revs stayed the same. He really had to hammer on the throttle to get any movement to get back to the truck
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I'd be checking the clutch plates for evidence of slipping. Just lay the bike on its side and remove the cover. No need to drain the oil just remove the bolts and springs and have a look at the plates. They will show signs of being hot and friction plates will be worn.
    huskybear likes this.
  5. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Check the engine compression,if good,I agree with lankdoug with worn plates.
  6. Kodynjolstad Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 250
    It's a brand new rekluse, we took opened it up and everything looked great. Started playin with the lever adjustment and it's started pulling like the monster it is. Apparently the rekluse doesn't like it when the lever is snug, had to back it off pretty loose but it's awesome now.. Weird haha.. Thanks again for all the help guys
  7. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Make sure you removed one plate when installing the rekluse. By loose do you mean alot of free play? I set mine up with zero free play where the bike lunges forward with even the slightest throttle blip. I put the bike in neutral, put very little tension on the lever with one finger and rev the bike, and the lever should pull on it's own maybe 1/4" or so.