1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Top end interval for CR125?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dirt addict, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    I'm wondering what the moto guys are getting for top end intervals? Fast kids that are on the throttle constantly? 12-15 hours? More or less?
    I know for offroading you can go considerably longer.
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I did a piston/ring when I got my cylinder ported at 17 hours, but it looked pretty good (didn't mic it but I did save it as a backup) and I changed it because I was in there and just got a freshly ported cylinder so why not. I think I'll be using 30 hours as my mark next time. Unfortunately, my crank big end blew at 41 hours (piston put in at 17 hours still looks good but will be replaced again). Revving as you do for moto (saw your vid), do not be tempted to run leaner oil ratios than 32:1. I love this bike and am not put off by it, but it is the most fragile machine I've owned between the tank, radiators, crank, and plastics failures I've had.

Anyway, I think somewhere between 20-40 hours would be the minimum unless you have an extremely fast kid on your hands.
  3. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    I was washing my bike and saw my right side radiator air scoop tab is broken. I did have a "low side" once. They are kind of fragile that way. My rm has been down every which way and stays together. I may eventually invest in a set of Chinese radiators...
    I run 32:1 with motorex syn. / pump premium. Seems to keep everything pretty well lubed. I was a little lean on top, but bumped it to a 180 mj and it seems good. Thanks for the reply.
  4. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like you need radiator braces. It's the first thing I buy for all my huskys. Enduro engineering has a nice set up for $100. I have hit bushes,trees and wrecked all kinds of ways and my radiators have not bent.
  5. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    That's the first time I've read someone call anything regarding the husky engine 'fragile'. Does anyone else you know have issues with the crank?
  6. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That is unusual, but the motor is modified, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.
  7. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I was referring to the whole bike, I'd be glad to explain, but the crank certainly falls under that billing. Like I said, I still love the bike but have had to make some ridiculous purchases that are unacceptable for the low hours. If "modifying" the motor by having it ported caused a crank failure (??), a whole bunch of ya better start sweating! No, I think I just got the turd crank and gas tank, and the plastics and radiator are what they are. Hey, you win some, you loose some, I love this bike and have kicked ass on it, but with all the weak-ass failures I've had, THIS one has been "fragile" at best.

However, back to the OP, my top-end has been very durable both before and after the Modifying.
    JRod4928 likes this.
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I thought you had it modified for very high compression, enough that you had to use 108 octane fuel.
  9. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    True. Kicking compression is 195, fairly high but not absurd. Perhaps it did contribute, but 41 hours (17 of them stock)? Guess we'll see how long she lasts with the pro-x rod kit, I'll probably keep this bike "forever" and will know as the hours log up.