1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Top end rebuild question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Javier Perez, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey guys, i was wodering if anybody has some input at what would be a good time for a top end rebuild on my '10 WR250, got the bike new in October 2011 and have put on a little over 500 miles, no hour-meter on it though... Should i start worrying about my top end. Bike still rips like crazy btw, no power loss feeling whatsoever, justa making sure and trying to keep the husky as healthy as possible.

Thanks
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    so say you average 10mph on your rides.... (I have no idea what terrain you ride), but that would be roughly 50 hours... I would look at putting a new ring on it in the near future.... You should get double that out of a piston.
  3. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the reply, i ride mostly tight tight single track, kinda extreme enduro stuff, who carries parts for this bikes in the states? I live in central america
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Top ends last a long time on the WR250's. Bullet proof design and they don't turn ton's of rpms especially in the tight stuff. If you are reving it a lot then after 50 hours it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the ring but I was getting a solid 100 hours out of the ring in my WR250 and it was still in spec then but changed anyway. A lot depends on the quality of the 2T oil you use.
  5. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

i ride tight stuff so the revs keep low, not a whole lot of wide open stuff to ride down here en central america, i have been using Maxima Castor 927
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I would take his advice over mine :)