1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Top mods fora wr300??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pinittowinit, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Please list the top mods for the wr300. I'm buying kearney's 08 wr300. It has head work and port work but all the trick parts have been pulled. Should I put a pwk 38as on? Or will the stocker do the trick? Please help me with a base line jetting for Hawaii sea level. Also FBF clutch basket? FWW? Thanks guys trying not to drop any more serious cash unless needed. Shipping from N.C. Hurts. Haha
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If its stripped ,why buy it ???
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Keihin PWK with red JD needle or EEL needle, racehead, Rad guards and skidplate! Good for me!

Johnny:sweden:
  4. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree with Johnny, if I was stuck for cash and I had to do one mod it would be the Carb.
    Next in line would be:
    -Front pipe (2010 factory pipe)

Im assuming the head you have is already race spec, hi comp?
  5. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah and a gas gas piston. Pro circuit port work. What is the big issue with the mikuni? My temps here are mostly constant.
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sensitivity to jetting and small weatherchanges. Bad low speed airflow= not so good bottom end power compared to the Keihin!

If you have BOTH racehead and GasGas piston that sounds like a racegas engine to me. That would give a very high compression! Are you sure about that?
  7. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ordered the keihin. Lol If everone is doing it, there is something to it.
  8. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

carb and suspension. everything else is really just a matter of personal taste. heck, the suspension might be a personal taste thing too, but for faster aggressive riding, i needed suspension work.
  9. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Let us know how she performs once you do the carb swap and finish tweaking the jetting.