1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st torque specs

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Apr 22, 2009.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have a owners maunaul so i think its in there but the last time i looked through it the torque specs looked funky, like they had a division simble behind a couple of the numbers. maybe im not looking at it right.

i need it for my cylinder nuts and maybe head nuts.

any help?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm not sure what you are asking.

What year and model 2 stroke bike?

My bike definitely has torque specifications listed for those types of things. You don't trust the math between Nm & ft lbs or you don't believe what is printed in the manual?
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

its for a 2006 wr125.

are you supposed to do math with the specs given then? sorry ive just never seen a book give a math equasion as torque specs thats all
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I looked at my owners manual and the "Cylinder head and cylinder fastening nut" is specified as 37Nm + 90 degrees and 27.5 ft/lbs + 90 degrees (technically the units should be ft lbs.).

My educated guess confirmed just now with someone that works on bikes - that means torque to 37Nm then another 1/4 turn.

For the spark plug my owners manual specifies 10(division symbol)12 Nm and 7.4(division symbol)8.9 ft/lbs

My educated guess confirmed just now with someone that works on bikes - that means it is the range of acceptable torque value - somewhere between 10 and 12 Nm.
  5. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok thats what i was thinking that all meant.

again just never seen specs listed in such a way. thanks coffee!
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wrote a top end how to a while back. I put in on the other site becasue this one was not really gathering technical post yet. I should have Coffee put it somewhere if he feels it is worthy.

This is from the post "If I am reading the poorly translated manual correctly the cylinder bolts are torqued to about 14.5 pounds and the head bolts 15 pounds. These seem a little light so I hope they are correct.
    "

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714983&highlight=rebuild
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If you would put up a thread like that on Cafe Husky I think the 2st people would find it of great interest, and I like your helper! :thumbsup: