1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st trade in...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bbc, Nov 5, 2012.

1. bbc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 power wheels quad my sons
    I have never traded a motorcycle in before so I'm not totally sure how it works I also still owe 5,000 on it it's a hardly riden 2011 TC449 how does that work the loan is through bmw any info would be helpful I know it's probably a dealer to dealer type of thing if anyone has any info thank you! I'm not sure where to post this lol I'm want to trade it for bill credit 165 and that's a two smoker lol
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    You owe more than it's worth... especially on a trade. You'll be lucky to get 3K on a trade. You *might* be able to get 4K if you sell it. As much as it sucks... basically, you're screwed.
    bbc likes this.
  3. bbc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 power wheels quad my sons
    That's completely what I assumed it doesn't hurt dream lol maybe tax season will be nice to me!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    In one of my prior lives I was an automobile insurance adjuster and would run into this anytime an accident totaled a vehicle but the owner still owed a balance on their note that was higher than the "ACV' actual cash value of the car.
    We would only pay the ACV, not the payoff amount of the vehicle. So in some ways it is similar to trading in the bike if you should owe more. The dealership will only give you the "ACV" of your bike on trade-in. Then, once you've selected the bike you want to replace your first one with, they will sell you the next one and roll over your unpaid balance into the new bike's financed amount, and barring the math being to far out of whack, you have a new bike with all of your debt rolled into one.
    Example:
    1st bike bought new, out the door for $9000. This included taxes, some gear, bells and whistles.
    A few years later I want to trade it in for whatever reason...
    1st bike is now worth $4000, but my payments have only paid $3000 off the original balance.
    I am $2000 upside down on my note.
    I trade it in and find another bike for sale for $5000 out the door.
    The dealer will then submit my loan application to the financial institution who will lend the money to me. The total submitted for my brand new bike would be $7000.

Some notes:
    Get as good a price for your trade-in as possible. That means make it sparkle, get everything looking better than new.
    Haggle your new bike's price down as low as possible.
    Rolling over unpaid balances will usually only work on the purchase of a new bike, not rolling that balance over into a used bike purchase.
    Be aware: your new bike will now have a higher payoff than it is worth right off the bat, so if you get run over a month later and the bike is totaled, you will still only get "ACV". Hence, that new $5000 bike is now worth $3500, but add your $2000 balance from before, and instead of being $2000 upside down you are now $3000 or $4000 upside down.

Generally, rolling over balances is not unheard of. It happens quite often. If you can sell the bike on the open market you'll get more, but to release the title from the lien holder you'll need to come up with the balance to pay off your finance amount, as no lien holder will give away a title without payment in full for the collateral.

Good luck.
    marcmo0 likes this.