Trail Burning 7-2-11 (WR150 vid)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by typeone, Jul 3, 2011.

1. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    snagged a ContourHD a few seasons ago and never really used it, decided to throw it on for my second session out burning in an old trail out back. rode 16mi last wknd and 20mi on Sat, pretty sweet to find this stuff right out of the garage. lovin' this little Husky [IMG] super fun woods bike

BadMotoWeazal and WHITEROCKET5.9 like this.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I liked the video but hate the noise !
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    The riding is great...just on you video editor when you add the track, drop the music down to around 20%, then the real music of the 150 shines!!!
  4. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    hahaa, my wife said the same thing (actually she thought the whole vid was lame) :D

thanks, i'll give that a try. i started out that way but ended up dropping the whole bike track
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Try some real music. Most hate rap / hip-hop.
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

yall get the sickness when i spin the wickedness!!
    Motosportz and typeone like this.
  7. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    I hate music in moto vids[IMG]
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya im not a fan of the music in em but still a good vid
  9. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    woah, 'hate' mentioned three times [IMG] working on a slightly longer edit... but it will still have music. i like when vids have a mix of motor + tunes, keeps things rollin'

fun messing around with this stuff, haven't done much video editing before
  10. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i'm not a big hip hop fan but Del can throw down some good tracks! [IMG]
  11. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

oh i dont know jack about rap or really any modern music(classic rocker here) lol i just thought that was kinda catchy
  12. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    That looks fun as all getout!! I grew up in New England and that reminds me of how cool some of the riding back there was. Nice job!
    typeone likes this.
  13. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    thanks, man! hoping i can patch a few loops together out there... still have no clue where i'm going but there's plenty to explore. so curious how/why those faint trails are out there (other than the double-track), i feel like a kid again exploring.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice trails ... Was it just me or does that video look a little narrow in width?
  15. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's great...especially riding out of your driveway. Thanks for sharing.
    The "fisheye" lense makes the trail look ultra-tight, right?
    I'm not a fan of music in riding vids either, but what Vinduro meant to say was people his age hate rap/hip-hop.
  16. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    thanks, guys... not sure on the narrow video, ray_ray. do you mean YouTube is squishing it on you or the distortion BadMotoWeazal mentions?

the ContourHD wide angle cam does give a bit of distortion on the edges but the view is pretty accurate actually. first trails in are Jeep road width, tighter trails that i'm burning in are mostly handlebar width and the double-track is quad width or wider. fun mix of stuff. barely any of it is just flat, all low rocks everywhere so it's nice easy technical stuff but great practice.

on the rap/hip hop, no worries... i picked the track 'cause that's how it felt dicing/popping around on my dirt mission [IMG]

maybe i'll try Vimeo for an upload, YouTube really crunched the quality down, not sure why.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What is a "fisheye" lense? The video just looked a little narrow on the player ... Maybe it was because of the player being small because I opened the player up to full screen and it looked better ... I am getting closer to a recorder of some sort and this ContourHDwas one I was looking at maybe ...
  19. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    a 'fisheye' lens makes everything look like you're looking through a glass bubble, way more distorted than the edge distortion i'm referring to. the fisheye effect is so pronounced that sometimes you will see black edges defining the image as a circle... like this ... here is a nice wide example with a partial effect here

on cameras, a lot of people like the GoPro but i don't like the size of it. the ContourHD is nice and small, fits great on the side of your helmet, don't even know it's there. i bought it used with a bunch of mounts so the price was right to try it out but ive only filmed this trail ride and one supermoto ride that i never edited.

the HD version of this little vid looks sweet on my widescreen TV so the quality is there. mine is the older model too.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good examples ... probably the fish eye I noticed .... I'm not a fan of the big camera on my head either ...