1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st trailtech vector install

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Mar 23, 2010.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I have been on one ride with my new vector on my 09 wr300 and its awesome-thank you Motorsportz. However, I now have the sturdier all metal bracket and am ready to attach the whole thing to the bike but am having some issues:banghead:, which I am sure I am creating.

The bracket attaches easily to the front of the bike however it replaces the stock plastic (console?) thing that held the stock speedo and more importantly for my purposes had a spot to attach the top part of the # plate.

So bracket and vector no issue but the # plate is not attached.
    I know pictures would be helpful maybe I'll have a chance to snap a few tonight.

Anyone else had this problem, or have some ideas for me?

thanks
  2. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I had the same problem. I'm using the HDB top clamp with their Vapor/Vector billet protector. I'm using the number plate, but plan on putting on a headlight.

[IMG]
  3. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I don't mean to get off topic ,but what number do you guys have for front wheel size, I have an older trailtech that reads slow on my bike and didn't get any directions with it,as I got it used and off of a Yamaha.
    Thanks
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think I didn't adjust mine from the standard 21" wheel size that's the default. I remember checking it with a GPS and it was pretty close.

With the GPS, the odometer reading was nearly spot on with the Vector, but the current speed was off by maybe a couple MPH. I remember someone explained this to me and it made sense, but it's been a while..
  5. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I just looked on the TrailTech site and found some instructions for my unit (Endurance) and will see whats in there for numbers.
    Thanks
  6. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The bracket and protector is a universal mount for a lot of bikes. Your just going to have to make it work for where you want it. This is never EZ because everyone has different bars and top clamps and other stuff mounted all over. Decide where it will work and make it work there.

On my 09 WR125, no protector and using a plastic part i sliced up to work. Low profile and works well but not real protected...

[IMG]

on my 2010 TXC250 with the protector (sorry, couldn't find a better picture)...

[IMG]
  8. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I'm all good. The guy who runs Highway Dirt Bikes is just a few minutes from my house and he's even delivered stuff to my door. I also have the Trailtech bracket that has the L shape which bolts to the front of the triple (they call it their 'Flat Surface Protector'). I ended up not using that, but Trailtech also makes a top mount setup. I'm a big fan of the HDB stuff, but if you are already invested in hand guards, have a look at the other mounts from Trailtech.
  9. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Okay,

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will figure something out.

I know I can make it work.

If it turns out decent I'll post a pic.
  10. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    So, it was much easier than I thought it would be. I used a 2 1/2" corner bracket that I had in a drawer, drilled a hole for where I wanted the top of the # plate to attach and then bolted it all together.

I left the bottom of the # plate out of the bracket so I had room to work and then after it was bolted together just lifted it into place.

Much easier and less hassle then I thought it would be.

I love the computer and thanks to Motorsportz for the quick response to my questions and great customer service and products.

Now I just need to ride:thumbsup:.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Hey, thank YOU. :thumbsup:

Go ride.