Travel to Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental -- 4th Leg Kopiko SX series

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    DISCLAIMER: These pics are actually of the Ro-Ro ride back from Negros Island to Cebu ... I lost the pics of the trip over ... Very short float over from the southern tip of Cebu to the southern tip of Negros ...
    --

It was another very good, ~all expense paid race with a little prize money thrown into thanks to my 08 WR250 rider Ayen (who crashed a few times) .. He jumped on top of a guy in that front small rhythm section when the rider in front of him crossed over into his line ... No one hurt but the rider he jumped on was carried off on a stretcher ... I fell-over in the corner before this crash section and rode by after everyone was gone ... Second crash he took off on a jump and the front wheel kept climbing till he hit the ground about 40' past the take0ff point ...

Cebu in the background ... Very short passage between islands here ... I can see my own pumpboat doing this crossing some day with a couple Huskies loaded...
    102_4150.JPG

See the guys on top of the boat and hanging off the side? They are part of the crew and sons of my friends that they take with them for all trips ... I guess they were bored waiting for the ride back so they used that big rope in the water to get them out to the boat and just climbed up the side, played around on the top deck some, then did a flip into the water ;0) ... Very entertaining and I'm not even sure all of them could swim other than dog-paddling and treading water ... No lawsuits waitin' to happen here allows alot of times like this to happen.
    102_4151.JPG

Splash! The water was crystal clear... 102_4154.JPG

A better look at the tip of Cebu Island ... One of my first few times down this far south on the island .. My AO is usually the Cebu City north to Bogo area ...
    102_4155.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These pics are looking back at Negros from the boat ... I fully expect to be riding in those mountains in the near future ... From the top side the view of Cebu should be good to say the least ...
    102_4153.JPG
    102_4157.JPG

Heading out for some early evening fishing.
    102_4171.JPG

102_4173.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Life on the boat while crossing ..
    102_4178.JPG
    102_4180.JPG

102_4181.JPG

Cebu port...
    102_4186.JPG
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a few track pics .... The GO hotel where our rooms were booked at for the 2 day event was directly across the street from the track! Yep, walk to-and-from your room in your boots! .... Too cool :) ...

102_3994.JPG

This outside section was OK to drop-jump into without too much agony when you touch down ... 102_3974.JPG

Dog house and straight-away into a right-hander and down that small rhythm section ...Lots of action here all day ... I got a real good dose of what these sections are about ... 102_3970.JPG

I really liked this wiggle spot in the track ...
    102_3972.JPG
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Few more pics of the track and area ..

Back side was cool and safe also ...
    102_3977.JPG

Negros mountain range in background.
    102_4074.JPG
  6. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Very cool
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, all this is still pretty outrageous to me, even after 3 yrs here ... The boat rides between the islands are so easy and inexpensive ...this ride was maybe $12 one way for the truck with 2 bikes ... Bikes alone would be maybe 1/2 that amount ... Just an hidden mecca here for motorcycling ...
  8. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    ...and cold San Miguel when you are done! :cheers:

Nice multi-cab. Wish they were street legal here. Some folks in the villages here run them, but you could not get away with it on the road system. Too bad.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep the beer is like buttwiper but the cost is OK and makes it a good deal ... Redhorse beer is sold also and tastes like american beer but has a strong kick ...Sort of creeper beer so after 3 bottle (pints) , I've hit my quota ...

--
    The multicabs are very hard but small ... I'm hoping to paint mind and add a cage around the back and over the top to help store things ... They just have no space upfront except to seat 2 people and a 3rd if you sit on each other ...

Sort of weird how a place that does not have lots of options and resources, seems to break everything down to only what is essential and all other things just fall to the way side ...
    --

What villages have multicabs? In Alaska? All these here are SUZ surplus from Japan ...

102_4168.JPG
  10. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    There was one in my neighborhood last summer on a flatbed getting ready to be shipped out somewhere in the bush, and there was a display selling them at the state fair.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These things are really tough and easy to work on and small ... Tire sizes are limited to 14" on mine I'd guess .. 13" on it now and my front end needs work again.