Trey Canard returns to action @ Thunder Valley Jun 25 Lakewood, CO

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Kevin Windham, who will be stepping out of the series after this weekend when Trey Canard returns to action ... Kdub did a very good job ...
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Lets see if Canard can put Reed back where he truly does the best.... 2nd Place.....for the rest of the series... I think first race back may be a little bit more exploratory rather than competitive.....

T
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes ..its gonna be interesting for sure with TC back in there ...

This will be the 5th of 12 races ... Still a long ways to go ... RV2 may just be playing his cards slowly ... cr has been around long enough he is not gonna crack under pressure but a lot of racing still is gonna happen so RV2 will have to start winning overalls ...
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

stewart fans have been pretty quiet as of late lol
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Who's this Stewart you speak of. Ohhh, yeah. Malcolm Stewart. That kid is showing improvement every week. He's putting in some pretty impressive rides for a rookie. Didn't he have a brother?
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

is his name john, i think he works at commedy central??
  7. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Didn't TC have a femur fracture? I can't believe he is back this quickly after that.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya i think thats what i heard too
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It was something like that ... these guys are pretty quiet about the extent of injuries and most everything else they are doing ...

TC wants to win and I think some of the hard chargers, such as TC, come back as soon as possible, maybe even a little bit early ... He may not battle for the lead his first week back but he'll be there shortly for sure ...

Lets see, RV2, RD5, TC, CR ... that's 4 guys and only 3 spots on the podium ... too bad js is sitting out ...
  10. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, he had a fracture femur, but these days anything from a hairline crack through to a full on break of the bone into 2 or more pieces are called "fractures". I had a "fractured" femur about 15 years ago, but it was "just" a crack in the bone and I was off the crutches within 2 weeks and back riding within 6 or 7 weeks. If he had a snapped femur he would be out for longer, but if he's abck now I suspect it was not a full break but rather cracking of the bone. Problem with these athlete's is that waiting 6 weeks for the cracks to heal means 6 weeks of minimal training and fitness - and that is what I reckon has kept him from coming back sooner. At this level you can't afford to be anything less that near 100% to be competitive, so he would have had to make up for a couple of months fitness loss before considering coming back. On top of that he's missed out on valuable testing and development time which will also put him on the back foot.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Right on the conditioning for sure ... Swimming plenty might be a good idea .. I was reading on a PRO runner once and when he got injured and could not run, he went to swimming laps ... Like 60-70 laps in a pool underwater for one thing...

Six weeks out is bad but figure 3 weeks ~almost no training, then the next 3 some training to some degree ... A young guy, already in good shape with desire can be OK here ... js7 today, that cp guy that just quit mx riding, nope ...

TC? He's got some juice in his tank I think ... during the sx season he shined during his 1st year ... He's got real potential ... Everyone racing knows they have to step-up with him back out there ... It's gonna be great if the big 4 can maintain good health...

Kdub has been on the bike also and he is probably good at giving feedback on the bike ... But this will take a real 'team effort' if he comes back and looks somewhat good on the first race ...
  12. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Do you blame them? Yamaha put the intake and exhaust on the wrong sides... Cannondale made pedal bikes, jus sayen...
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I just found this so TC may not be riding thiis weekend (I have not seen the entry list) but apparently Kdub will be riding ... That'll make a few fans happy :)

Courtesy American Honda Racing announced today that Kevin Windham will continue competing in the 2011 AMA Motocross Championship with the factory Honda team at select events. Windham had originally planned to complete his fill-in role after the return of Josh Grant at the Budds Creek National last weekend, but after posting solid results, including a strong fourth-place finish last weekend, Windham has decided to race additional rounds of the AMA Motocross series. Teammate Trey Canard has just begun training and riding once more, and is working on making his return to racing as soon as possible.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think Windham is wanting back on the podium in the near future :)

16. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

hes hangin in there with the youngins, id like to see him up there as much as anyone for sure