1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Trials tire, no adjustment?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 080, Nov 6, 2012.

1. 080 Guest

Been running the Dunlop with the same chain length as the knobbies with no problems. Since I put the Perreli on I had to add a link which in turn moved the wheel back to the last notch on the swingarm. I'm assuming eveyone else is in the same boat, no issue's?
  2. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Running the Pirelli on my 310 I've ended up running it with the axle all the way back - and prefer it there. I had to ad 1 click of compression to the front because more weight up there and re-adjust the sag in the back. The Pirelli gets such good bite in all conditions I was having some problems with too much traction at the beginning of acceleration out of corners which would pick the front up unless I was WAY forward with the bike leaned WAY over - much more balanced now.
  3. 080 Guest

Traction is good, no complaint there. Problem is if any tension/adjustment is needed on the chain there isn't any?
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    With the MT43 I had to use a longer chain and move the axle all the way back. The flat profile of a trials tire will grow taller at high speed so you need more clearance than a knobby.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. Amazing how much they grow in dia at speed.
  6. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    Tell me, I live and ride in eastern mountain country. WR250 W/300 kit. Steep snotty down hills and such. Make me understand how a trials tire will do any better or as good as a full knobby. I am interested and would like two try one out, although when I was a kid and would get an enduro bike, DT, SL and so on the first thing to go after the lights was the trials tire for a knobby. Just wondering?
  7. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    Trials tires shine in wet rocks and roots. They are not so hot in deep mud or snow or if you like to brake slide in corners.
    lankydoug and jmetteer like this.
  8. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have run the pirelli mt43 on my wr300 for a few months now. It rubbed slightly on one side of the mud flap because the mud flap had a little bend in it. No chain adjustments. I ride in rocks, roots all kind of stuff. The deep greasy mud is a problem sometimes but overall if you keep the tire pressure low the traction is pretty good. The tire holds up pretty well. I'm curious to see how other trials tires work.
  9. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    A trials tire these days is nothing like a trials/universal they used to put on bikes in the seventies - do suggest you try it. Very cheap mod., for a huge change in performance. Traction is usually the issue, and a new trials tire will give you double the traction in most cases, be way more cushy to ride, and they last like crazy. Might add an extra rim lock 'though as I ripped out two valve stems this season due to the extra grip.
  10. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    thanks for the reply, I might try one but probably not until next summer. winter season is almost upon us!