Two-Cylinder Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by seppl69, Feb 18, 2011.

1. seppl69 Husqvarna

Hermann Bohrer VicePresident of BMW-Motorcicles in an interview on the news at BMW.(17.2.2011)

What about Husqvarna?
    "In Milan(EICMA2011), will debut a bike that combines German technology with Italian design. It will have a two-cylinder engine and a light and agile frame. "
    Scootskipper likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, that is the rumored street / adventure bike with the 800cc BMW motror punched out to 900cc. Basically this motor in a sexy Italian package...

[IMG]
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hope they drop that bird beak on the way.....
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It seems the fender design engineers are working alot of OT .. maybe they should be cut back to ~35 hrs per week ...

Looks like a Ducati frame and not too bad looking overall ... Dual front brake disks? It run over 100MPH?
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Bring it on, I would love a Husky version of the BMW GS 800, In fact I would sell my near new Multistrada for one.
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can’t wait for this bike to be [IMG]
    And I’ll pray that Raffaele Zaccagnini won’t try to make it SMQ stupid or Mille3 repulsive...
    If they can only make a husky (read; Italian hot...) version of the KTM SMT, I probably will trade my 610 for it

[IMG]
  7. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
  8. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

Why do they have to make it so hard? [IMG]

HUSQVARNA - MX / Motard / Enduro / Rallye Bikes
    BMW - Adventure / Road Bikes

Sorted. [IMG]
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My take is BMW/Husky want to take on KTM and to do so need a husky adventure bike. I like the idea.
    typeone and Muddy Waters like this.
  10. seppl69 Husqvarna

11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Concept bikes are meant to inspire conversation. i think he also designed the new 449/511 which i think looks cool and not another Honda copy.
  12. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

As far as I understand he had a lot to do with the Husky 570 NOX and the Aprilia 450/550 V twins so his ability to produce absolute pure diamonds is undeniable --> [IMG]

Also, being senior designer at Husky between 98 to 2002 he probably laid the groundwork for the whole last generation (up to 2010) Husky bikes which you’ll have to agree are extremely attractive and as Kelly stated the new 449/511 are really cool looking even though they thread ever so lightly on the KTM side of sharp angles design

All in all, I believe if we’ll give Raffaele Zaccagnini a realty check every now and then, and tell him to ease up on the concepts, he will give us in return an absolute rock star of a 900cc motorcycle
    Something that will make your underpants real tight in a hurry [IMG]

I’m excited

[IMG]
  13. n4hhe Husqvarna
    C Class

I have a BMW F800S and question what Husqvarna has to offer in making variations on the F800? Can see value added if BMW moves their F line out from the BMW moniker into Husqvarna but not if they if its a case of, "Do you want that as a Dodge, Chrysler, or Plymouth?"
  14. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I read those articles above, I come to the conclusion that;

A. it’s gonna look nothing like a BMW
    B. that Dodge is gonna have a Hemi in it !!! [IMG]

The two Husky models will have the engine massaged to 900cc and will target different audience then the BMW800
    You will have three distinct models that will appeal to three different types of riding

:thumbsup:
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  15. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Strange the Aprilia 450/550 Mentioned here A few years ago I was intrested in one of them, I never made it to the dealer, they had an attitude that the bike was basically a competition bike and hence came with virtually no warranty but soon there was going to be a third party extended warranty you could get. Is the business model for the Husky as opposed to the BMW warranty?

The way BMW does business seems to be post a price but not provide any possibility of getting a base model unless ordered. This was rather shocking as they sent me a post card of a 450 single with a price but upon calling the shock absorber it really had was over $700 extra. I would hope the Husky models where ever they are sent won't be marketed in this manner.

Fran
  16. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't understand why they show sneak images but the engine has BMW stamped all over it. Why not PS it with Husqvarna logos???
    Come on Italy, how many people still call the 449 the BMW engine? Its so different inside its not the BMW engine but you released early shots of it with BMW on it... and that engine/bike had a load of bad press here (most of it unfounded probably by the orange brigade), wonder why you cant sell high volume in the UK??
  17. Wheeling Jo Husqvarna
    B Class

I heard from my dealer that HVA is realy gone make a 2-cylinder bike and it not gone take to long to produce it. He is wel informed.

I agree with Brock : even in recently magazine they still write "the 449 with the BMW engine" and it really frustates me you know ...

It's like the new Chrysler 300C ... In Europe they are going to call it a LANCAI THEMA ! That is a downgrade off the brand !!

grtz
  18. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ill take a cummins in my dodge thanks!! lol but ya theese bikes sound interesting
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    A 1935 blast from the past. A Husqvarna street bike (racer) can look sexy! 1935_husqvarna_racer_496.jpg
  20. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Being a former 950 KTM owner, I like the idea of a bike like that. I just hope they realize that in the US we want an adventure bike with a range of more that 150 miles. One of the main reasons I sold my 950 was because of its range and it had over a 5 gallon capacity. It just takes alot of gas to satisfy the thirst of a HO twin if you let it run.