1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc TXC 250???? Would I like it???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motocrossmr, Mar 14, 2012.

1. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Posting this here because I want opinions from people who ride a WR125 / WB165. I was looking at a used '09 TXC250 and dont know much about them. I know some guys here must have ridden both bikes back to back. Im not getting rid of the WB165 but might get rid of the YZ250 to make the purchase. I had a '04 YZ250F and liked it besides the hot start issues. What are the pros and cons next to its Husky 2-stroke brother? Is '09 a good year? Any issues I need to know about? Im 195 lbs. and am a mid to front B-vet rider. Probably wouldnt race the bike but you never know. It would be hard to pry the WB165 out of my hands! Thanks guys!
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

It that the first year of the utralight or was it 2010? I have a 150 and if I get a 4 stroke I know I want the new frame as it handles real well and just like my 150. If it is the older style I did not like the one I rode as it was just too heavy.

I was thinking of one as a second bike since Bills has new ones so cheap. But I am reading so much about what it takes to make the FI work and the issues with the flywheen spinning on the crank I do not think I want to mess with one. Also when I rode a 310TXC I could feel the extra weight. What I really liked was the TC250 as it felt as light as my 150 and seems like a lot simpler platform. I am not sure what it takes to make the FI work on them though.

Anyway, these are my thoughts about adding a 4 stroke. Others opinions will vary.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I think you will think its a tank - its the older motor. pretty poor power too compared to 2010 . A TC250 2010 onwards would be ok
  4. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Thanks for the replies. I wasnt sure what year the new frames and motor came out.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can try my 2010 Te250 if you want.
  6. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Have not ridden an '09, but what I have heard it won't compare as favorable as a 2010 or newer. I have a '09 125 and a 2010 tc250 and I can tell you that it is one 4-stroke a 2-stroke guy will like. Power delivery is very different, but overall feel is similar and the TC250 just does not feel like a traditional 4-stroke.
    GP
  7. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Thanks for the offer! I am assuming your going to Sandy Lane. If you have the bike with you there (not sure if its your race bike or not) then I would like to take it for a quick spin!
  8. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    My buddy has a TXC 250, not sure if it's '08 or '09. The ergonomics on it feel weird to me. It feels long and flat and the shroud indentations are right where I want to grip the tank with me knees. He has been very happy with it though and the only problem I know of is he had a cam bearing fail.
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nah, I take my WR250 for races.

Look for me though.....I'm 11A on an '04 WR250 yellow with a gray headlight. Gray Chevy Avalanche.

When are you heading down?
  10. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I will be heading down on Sunday morning unless my son races then I will go on Saturday morning. Most likely Sunday though because his bike is out of commission right now. Hopefully I will be able to find you. I was looking for member dfeckel at the last race and there were so many freakin people there it was almost impossible to find anyone! I have a dark grey Tundra with all my crap jammed in the back.
  11. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Sounds like from what others are posting that I want to look for a '10 or newer. There sure are some smokin deals on brand new '11 out there! Its tempting but I didnt want to spend too much.
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'll be hanging out with Dave. I start on line 11

Not too many 2stroke Huskys there.
  13. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Little update on my decision. I ended up pulling the trigger last week on a new '11 TXC 250. I couldnt resist paying under 5k out the door for a brand new bike. Scott at Toy Tech was great to deal with and you can tell he isnt in it just to make money, but really loves the brand and selling them. He runs a really clean shop and seems to be a squared away guy. They will be my new 'go to' dealer for Husky parts. I dont plan on racing the TXC unless the WB165 isnt ready. I havnt ridden it yet so I cant comment on what I think. I am waiting to add an hour meter and want to tear it down to re-grease all of the chassis bearings. I am also rebuilding the WB165 top end again so if I want to ride its going to be the trusty 'ol YZ. I plan on breaking in the TXC and then doing a test on my lap times between the three bikes. I am really anxious to see which one I am the fastest on. I will probably wait until the WB 165 pipes are available. For now I am content sitting in the garage, drinking a beer, and just staring at the three of them lined up! I love dirt bikes!:cheers: [IMG]
    marcmo0 likes this.