TXC 310 -- Dirt Rider Shootout

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by boisedave, Mar 16, 2012.

1. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone sen this yet?

Got my mag last night and read the article with great interest. As has been my experience with DR -- it lacks a bit of substance. What I took away were a couple of things.

1. Husky was as powerful as the KTM. This was the biggest surprise to me -- Husky had even more off the bottom or so it would say. I haven't ridden the 310 yet - but I have a few trail mils on a demo 350 XC-F. [I ride a 250XCW now]. I thought the 350 was very powerful -- so I think this is great news.

2. Husky FI is good; KTM is better.

3. Husky is better than the Beta.

4. Husky is a better race bike than the KTM. Weird. Dirt Bike mag said just the opposite - that the Husky could be one of the world's best trail bikes.

5. Both mags liked the way it handled.

I am thinking the 310 with $400 worth of custom suspension and an exhaust/JD Tuner might be the ideal bike....
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    TXC for 2012 probably does not need any special tuning with its full race map ECU and 12 port injector. Its a race tuned evolution from the CH Racing WEC 310.
  3. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm hoping to swing a leg over one in the next little while. For the stuff I do in Idaho, I am thinking I'd like to have 2 bikes. Something like the 310 for the desert and fast mountain stuff like Idaho City and a lighter two-stroke 200 or 250 for the technical mountains we ride. My concern with the 310 is that its not powerful enough -- I rode the KTM 350 and I KNOW that has more than enough beans for me in the desert. By analogy -- I am sure the Husky would work well.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    rode with one a few weeks ago (2012 TXC310) but did not climb on board, rider said the the suspension is more "racy" out of the box and the FI feel more racy/clean as well. My TE310 is his 11 model and what he says is golden. His TXC310 was bone stock, he is going in for suspesnion tuning, mentioned that in the ugly stuff the new suspenders are a little stiff on valve, better for more open trails.
  5. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    The magazines are starting to give husqvarna more respect as they should because the x-light bikes are great, but it almost seems the test are done to show the KTM is the best. Maybe they are, I don't care, I like my Husqvarnas.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Well, with Husqvarna riders doing so well in International enduro competition, they can't just blow them off. Especially when Ricky Dietrich (HSQ) beats Taddy Blazusiak (KTM)... :eek:

I don't have any illusions that Ricky can pull that off with any regularity... Taddy is legendary for a reason. I'm sure he would kick serious butt if he was on a better bike... like say a Husqvarna. :)
    Briggs likes this.
  7. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Most of the mags over here (in OZ) are very biased towards Yamaha and the Pumpkins, because they spend the most advertising $$$$$, and unfortunately we don't get the TXC over here, so they will be comparing a TE310 against a KTM 350. The good thing here is that almost all these bikes are registerable.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

strange yall dont get the txc, figured it would go well with the terrain yall have down there..(that ive seen on tv anyway) lol
  9. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    If I'm not mistaken, their TE basically is our TXC. I think the us model TE is different than their TE and our TE is the "special" one with all the EPA and road legal doodads.
  10. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I think you are on the money here, we don't have cannisters, cats etc, no bog issues (well not many that I know of) and if you buy a 12 model, you get a "free" 12 hole injector and ECU, so almost the same as a TXC but with lights etc. Only difference may be the exhaust?
  11. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

id like to put a lights kit on my 450txc but doing jumps and stuff on the track i think itd all eventualy start falling off....
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You would think so but the Greenies and do-gooders have a massive say in this country...lock up the forests for only hikers and campers in designated area's but you can allow horseriders and mtbs to cut up tracks....and remember that dirtbikers are menances to society and the environment :mad:
  13. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

so its mainly to keep yall on the streets and not out in the woods? strange man i mean isnt alot of austrialia like desert type stuff? figured yall would have your own moab down there or whatever
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have ridden both versions of the KTM 350 and many TE/TXC/TC 250/310 huskys. My buddy has a 2011 TE310 with JD tuner and uncorked muffler and i ride it a lot. Here is my take. The 310 powered up is on par with the 350 power wise. Actually feels faster and might be int he tight stuff as it barks hard and revs quicker. The KTM feels a little more old school 4st in comparison and feels a little more lazy. The husky feels lighter and smaller and turns quicker. The x-lights rule in handling over any bikes IMHO. Quick turning AND stable. Amazing frame design. The KTM has a far better transmission (WIDE) and makes it by far the more versatile bike. The EFI on the KTM is better, like on my 511. The KTM also has several large tank options the husky does not. For sorter rides and tighter stuff or ultimately going fast through tight stuff the husky wins. For an all around great bike that will span lots of different riding i would have to say the KTM is better. Both VERY good machines.