TXC 310 FMF Q4 EFI setup

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Micfasto, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I am adding an FMF Q4 and powerbomb header to my TXC 310 and was wondering how to set it up. My choices are;
    1 Stock settings. Will it run well as is?

2 If not, can I get the most out of it with I Beat Changes (values?)

3 Add a Power Surge controler to it.

I wanted to take it to a dyno shop to set it up. Would money be better spent on Ibeat or the JD power surge? (shop does not have I beat)
  2. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I went with the the JD Power surge and the FMF Q4 with the power bomb header. Very pleased with the results. I have not taken it to the Dyno yet (not sure if I will). I rode the trails a gear higher and was able to pull 3rd out of most of the corners that I used to use 2nd for. Made it pretty controlable and tractable. I did not have to down shift nearly as often. When I got in the meat of the power it really hit well, powerful but fully controlable. I put the power on par with a stock CRF 450X.

On an added note the Q4 is very nice. It has bosses for the stock heat sheild( I do not know of any other after market pipe that uses the stock heat shield). the header also has an O2 sensor bung welded on stock, if you need that.
  3. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    Did you need to use Ibeat to change anything? I'm interested in the same setup.
  4. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    I was actually thinking of trying the powercore4 unit as opposed to the Q. Where did you purchase your stuff from? JD tuner easy to use? Thanks!
  5. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I did not use Ibeat. The tuner is very simple to install and use. I went a little richer then the recomended settings for the "main jet" settings and went with the recomendations for the rest. I bought my stuff from my local shop www.AZmotocity.com I was thinking about the power core as well but FMF is/was not producing them for another 6 weeks. All the distributors were out of both pipes but Neil at motocity got it directly from FMF for me.

I would bet the power core gives a little more on the top end but I like how the Q4 delivers it's power. (I am sure the power core is good as well). I like quieter pipes when I ride. The Q4 still has a good bark when you open it up I would not want to be any louder.
  6. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    Good info. Thanks. Hey off topic, what are the recommended suspension sag numbers for the 310?
  7. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    100mm on the rear shock with 32mm static sag is the goal. 42mm static and 75 rider sag on the fork. I am a few mm off those numbers but it works for me.
  8. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    I ended up picking up a powerbomb and Q4 for $315 shipped. Couldn't pass up the deal. Both were in great shape. Mounted them up last night and it gave the bike the perfect amount of boost. I added the exhaust and a 52T sprocket and I think it will be perfect for the tight stuff.

My Q4 doesn't have the bosses for the stock heat shield, perhaps it's an older one. Was originally on a 2011 TE310.
  9. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    It makes a good differance, doesn't it? Can ride a gear higher and lug a little for some traction on the slippery stuff. DI you get the Tunner?
  10. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    I didn't get a tuner yet. I think that is next on the list. It's a nice improvement right now for sure. I have to wonder how much of a difference the tuner will make. Did you put the pipe and tuner on at the same time?
  11. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I did put them on at the same time. I am not sure how big a differance the tunner made. My guess is it would be a bigger gain on a TE310 then on the TXC 310. I was going to take it to a dyno and tune it. But I have not got a chance to do that yet. (I am happy with the gain so I may not take it to the dyno).