txc 310 race ecu vs pcv with auto tune

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by josh310, Dec 30, 2011.

1. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    right now my bike has the power up kit with 12 hole kawi injector and pcv and auto tune. I have not been very impressed with the pcv and auto tune yet. I am wondering if it is time to get rid of the pcv and auto tune and just go with the 2012 txc ecu? I am worried that i will be left stranded with this after market stuff. Does the txc ecu give you more than the pcv with auto tune?
  2. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    The optimal set-up would be the TXC ecu AND the PCv, reason I say that is the PCv will not adjust ignition timing and the TXC ecu has not only a different fueling map but also ignition curve, however there is still room improvement in overall fueling/rideability even on the TXC ecu. I'm not sold on the auto-tune though, put a street tire on the rear of it and get it on a dyno with tuning link software or a tuner who knows what they're doing, it will make for a very nice running bike and if the PCv were to fail, it's no big deal to revert back to stock ECU, but PCv is pretty bullet proof if you keep it away from the pressure washer and install it well.
  3. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Anyone have the part number for the TXC310 ECU and price? The injector & ecu as a kit is around $380 msrp. You can get the injector from Kawasaki for under $50 but need the ECU for the ignition curve & fuel map.
  4. blackdiamond Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the tcx ECU and Kawi 12 hole in my 2011 TE310 and love it!

2012 tcx310 ECU p/n 8000h7424 $326 + tax.
  5. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    With the update to the injector and the ECU, did the milage change?
  6. Rwood Husqvarna

has anyone had any issues installing the new 2012 ECU on their bike, my shop is on the second ECU and cannot get it to work. We installed the 12 port injector but when the 2012 ECU is installed the bike will not run, will barely start. definitely not Plug and play in my case. We were thinking the first ECU may have been defective so we ordered another one from Husky and it's doing the same thing. He can't get the bike to run long enough to adjust the mapping. Any suggestions??

thanks,
  7. blackdiamond Husqvarna
    A Class

The mileage seems about the same. I am getting about 40 mpg with a combination of mountians and desert.