TXC 511 - More Power Please

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Erlendur, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Erlendur Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello,
    Have a TXC 511 2011, has been ridden for 20 hours, well broken-in and has the Akrapovic muffler, otherwise all stock. Not terribly impressed with the power and was hoping for more. Been reading the forum and it seems like there is a lot of power gain to be had with the JD Tuner for the TE models. Does anybody know if the same applies to the TXC models?

Any suggestions in squeezing out more power from the TXC would be greatly appreciated, (EFI tuner, Exhaust, air-box etc. ).

Also, the fuel cap is just terrible, any suggestion on that issue are also appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Yes the JD Turner is equally effective on the TXC. Better powerband and more power both. We win races with ours, no power mods other than the JD box with the powerup jumper in. Stock airbox, stock pipe.

[IMG]
    fasteer, Erlendur and OlderHuskyRider like this.
  3. Erlendur Husqvarna
    A Class

Appreciate the feedback! Seems like the JD Tuner is the way to go. Sweet pic BTW!
  4. Johnny A Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plated TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
  5. Johnny A Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plated TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    Any chance that you can post your JD tuner settings? I plan on putting your pipe on tomorrow night, I might as well set my tunner up at the same time.

Thanks
  6. Johnny A Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plated TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F

I have a 2011 TXC511 with the factory pipe, the big ugly one, not the Akro. So with the spark arrest out it would not lift the front wheel in third gear. I added a JD tuner and the bike woke up and I was pulling wheelies in third gear. Now when I installed the spark arrester and did not touch the tuner the bike went back to sleep. After making some JD tunner adjustment things got better but never like with the spark arrestor out. But to answer your question the tuner did make a difference. I will be installing an Akropovic tomorrow so it should be interesting.

Bottom line I agree with you that the bike does not have the in-your-face power like some of the other 450s I rode but it does seem to have more forgiving/usable power for a novice like me.

Cheers
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Settings are as they came from JD
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    There is a new fuel cap available from dealers.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Depends on how much money/effort you are willing to spend. The stock TE/TXC 511 produces approximately 40 HP, but the engine is 60 HP capable. The JD tuner will add a significant amount of power, but the PC5 will maximize it. Full FMF mega/factory, PC5, TC air box, TC cams, port & polish, crank mod, compression milling, C12 fuel.

FMF tuned exhaust + PC5 + TC air box equals 54-56HP for half the cost of an Akro evo and will give you "in-your-face power like some of the other 450s". :)

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/04823208-1f6a-4958-9ea2-e2a9558bb043.aspx
  10. Johnny A Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plated TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    Installed the new Akro pipe tonight. A tad louder but not bad at all. Definitly more power, lifted the front wheel up in 4th for the first time ever. Going to go play in the woods tomorrow. Tinken, thanks for the other tips.
  11. Johnny A Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plated TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    Got in the woods and did some dual sporting this weekend. I adjusted the JD tuner as recommended in the instruction that shipped with the tuner. Definite increase in power, bottom and mid range. It may be that I am just learning to ride better but the number of flame out has gone down too. Plated 2011 TXC511