TXC throttle spring rates; Interchangeable/Adjustable?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by pahusky, Jun 28, 2013.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    After riding the '13 TXC250R with the Keihin setup I've come to realize the throttle twist tension on the '12 TXC250 with the Mikuni setup is considerably stronger.

Is there any adjustment to the throttle tension or maybe a different rate spring available for the Mikuni setup?

Nothing major, just fine tuning thought...
  2. DMan Sparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    Drz-250
    pahusky, I can't comment on the '13 but my '12 TE310 is way to strong. I bought the bike in February 13 and my right arm hasn't been this pumped since I was a teenager. My left arm is the same as always. I can even get cramp in the right hand riding down a strait road for more than a couple of kilometers. From what I've found nobody has done anything about it. If one of cafehusky's sponsors would like to make something I would be very interested.
  3. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    paHusky, just making sure I understand exactly what you are saying, your saying the throttle is harder to twist on the '12 txc's than the '13's. If that is true i'd be curious to ride a 2013 because compared to my old yz250 my txc is much easier to turn. But at the same time I don't really have a lot to compare my bike too. Would a different throttle cam help? Or maybe a new throttle tube (like one that uses bearings). I am not familiar with what a throttle spring is or where it is found.