txc511 wont stay running

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by 511husky, Apr 25, 2013.

1. 511husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr400
    Out In The Middle Of MoaB. 2011 Txc 511. Wont Stay Running Unless Start Button Is Held In. A As Soon As The Button Is Released Engine Dies. Thanks In Advance
  2. Joshua Ford Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas EC300 / KTM XCW 450
    Temp sensor, coolint level may be a good start
  3. 511husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr400
    What About The Temp Sensor. Coolant Is Good. I Bypassed The Clutch Switch And Disconnected The Starter Wire And Held The Start Button In So Could Get Back To Camp. Runs Just Fine With Button Held In. Is Not Overheating. I Appreciate The help
  4. Joshua Ford Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did the bypass wire become disconnect, I had mine disconnect bellow the plug behind the number plate. Check the ground wire on the left side of the cylinder. The ground wire connected to the spark plug and the cylinder becomes week and brittle in side the insulated wire.
  5. 511husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr400
    Everything seems connected. Ground Wire Is Ok. If I Jump The Front Relay The Bike Will Run Normally. Anybody Know Why That Relay Won't Stay Triggered. It Shuts Of As Soon As The Start Button Is Released. Relay Is Good.
  6. Joshua Ford Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    What relay, the relay switch that is connected to the clutch, if so I disconnected mj e due to the wire being damaged. All I did was to loop the system.
  7. 511husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr400
    the relay at the front top of left side of valve cover. i am home now so i have some digging to do. jumped that relay and rode it anyway a couple of times.
  8. 511husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr400
    i figured it out. it was the main power relay. when it was triggered by the start button but not loaded by the engine trying to start it would pass 12 volts to system but as soon as the higher load came on to run the electronics it would drop to 6 volts and the computer would shut off. guess i am buying an extra relay and putting it in my tool kit. that way it will never happen again. still needs the starter relay though, i burned that up trying to get it back to camp.
  9. Joshua Ford Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks as though I an going to buy an extra relay as well, thanks for you post.
  10. dannydowell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husky TXC 511.
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WXC 610 and a 2001 TE 400
    i got a keep running issue, could the fuel pump relay cause this?