1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc uh oh, wheres this go? 2006 wr 250 tranny part

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Wheelie, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Wheelie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    couple honda vtr's
    hey folks, anyone recognize this lil bugger? im replacing the crank bearings in my 2006 wr 250, pulled the tranny out to put the cases in a press, lifted the gears out & heard plink! i think it goes on one of the shift forks, and rides in the shift drum? theres only one of these that i can see, and it doesnt seem to fit anywhere else? just wondering if someone more observant than i happened to know? heres the offending piece;

wr tranny.JPG

oh and for the record its late & im tired, so any errors ive made in posting this, not using the search, etc, are null & void :) thanks guys(and gals)
  2. rcastro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, that´s new to me. Im seen similar part on the power valve of mu 94 WR 360 but do not reckon seen this inside my 2001 Wr 250...
  3. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    It looks like the rolling bush from the gear selector assembly Wheelie.
    Try using halls parts diagrams for the 06 WR 250 to locate it
    Motosportz and wallybean like this.
  4. rcastro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Checked page by page of the manual and could find nothing similar inside the tranny...
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks like it fits right on the end of that shift drum in the pic :D
  6. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Looks like the bushing that goes on the pin on the shift fork like you said.But that raises the ? of what's on the other forks. The other place would be the shift mech as was said, but you said it fell out as you pulled the gears.So let us know what the other forks have on them, and how loose or snug the fork fits in the drum slots.A pic of everything in the trans may help us too. Use any wear marks for indicators of a possible location.Or did you know that. Ha ha
  7. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I believe the end goes into a bearing.
  8. Wheelie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    couple honda vtr's
    thanks guys, im 98% sure motosportz is right, that it rides in the shift drum, i think theres only one bushing because one of the slots in the shift drum is larger than the others. im sure i'll figure it out for sure when i put it back together, it cant be that complicated, its just a carburated 2-stroke! now if i could just get my hands on a wr 360 6 speed while its apart...
  9. dnietsche Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did anyone know for sure where this goes? I looked in the parts manual and it does not have a line going to where it goes?

Thanks!
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Almost sure it goes over the projection in the shift fork and rides in the shift drum. It acts to take up space between the two parts. Drop it on the shift fork tab and see if it fits perfectly in the shift drum. without it the fork will be loose in the drum.
  11. dnietsche Husqvarna
    AA Class

The pictures below show where the part goes. A big thanks to UpTite.

Attached Files:

12. Wheelie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    couple honda vtr's
    awesome! thanks so much, haven't gotten my motor together yet (work... ick) but i'll get there!