1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Unless Husky Comes Out With A New 2t I've Narrowed My Choices Down To Two.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Feb 9, 2012.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Same boat lankydoug...been fighting off the effect of the pumpkin 300 and unless Husky release something new then l will be looking for something to retire the 360 as an occasion bike.

Waiting for the review on the Ossa...Service Honda..anything 2t
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Do you really think that something different will be better ? I seriously doubt it. Same engine in the 125 type frame would be plenty of change. Husky's already handle better than a GG or a KTM. Suspension isn't any better on a GG or KTM. So what exactly are you looking for ? Change isn't always for the better.
    water racer, lankydoug and MOTORHEAD like this.
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    El Numero Dos Amigo..... That OSSA is flippin bad-ass!!!
    lankydoug likes this.
  5. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

sounds good. throw on an adjustable power valve and maybe a magic button for the 300 and i'd buy one.
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    All l'm after is an excuse to retire my 96 360 with a bike that has the same power characteristics but in an agile frame - nothing out there tickles my fancy TBO...plus plastics are becoming hard to find for the 96 360 Vinduro... l should really learn to stop crashing :)

PS. There was a time when Husqvarna were ahead of the pack.
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The magic button should be an option at best for those that just have to have it. But on Most KTM 2 strokes that came with Estart, they have been removed. 2 strokes don't need estart. No need for the extra weight either. I believe in updates not remakes on bikes that have a proven history. Bikes like the new Ossa will go through major remakes before they become mainstream with proven concepts.
    shawbagga, water racer and windsurf like this.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    A DI 175 Husky in a 125 frame might be the ticket. I agree with Vinduro that the KTM the GasGas and the Husky are choices of preference and obviously I prefer my WR250 or I wouldn't be riding it, but the Christini is 2wd and the Ossa is revolutionary. Different may or may not be better but way different could be way better. Maybe Christini will put their set up on an Ossa in 2014.
  9. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    [edit: oops I thought you were considering a GasGas]

How could you consider a GG? I've ridden one and the cockpit is way too small. It feels like you're riding a moped. Also, the KTM's aren't the biggest either. After riding about 3-4 different 300 XC/XC-W in the woods, I found that I couldn't reach the shifter with my manormous feet.

Husky was the only choice when it came to size. The other ones weren't rideable sitting down.
    water racer and lankydoug like this.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You and I like the Husky over the Gasser for the same reasons. My GasGas has a Hammerhead shifter and tall bars, low and back offset pegs but so does my Husky and the Husky fits better and feels more planted to the ground and not twitchy. The GasGas seems like it's a mini-bike about to get out from under you. My son rides my GasGas and likes it better because he feels the Husky's power is too much to manage for him. (he's a beginner rider)
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Ride the Christini before you get one. I thought it was fun but do not want one. A buddy convert his KTM250 and kinda hated it. We ride tons of steep stuff and with lots of log hopping. He struggled to hop logs as the front wheel spins when you gass it and tosses he front end off the log. I rode it and thought it was fun but not my thing. Fist time i rode one was on a sandy MX track and loved how it pulled the front end around the corner. Anyway no thank you on that one.

As for the OSSA it is cool looking but completely untested and the trails bike is said to be down on power. I would for sure give that one a year or two to get sorted.

It's your money :D

If I was spending money on a 2 stroke it would be a Husky (because of preice allowing upgrades) or the GG because they are awesome and proven.

IMHO
    jmetteer likes this.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I find it interesting that the WR300 is liked by tall people. I am only 5 ft 5 in. tall, so I am probably a bad candidate for it, and though mine feels too tall when I'm stopped, once I'm rolling it is the most perfectly comfortable trail bike I have ever ridden, especially on really tight trails where it feels like a 125.:love:
    454x likes this.
  13. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm 5'9 and have had a hundred stupid tipover accidents cause I cant touch the ground on the 300, including 4 in a row the other weekend cause of quad ruts on a slick uphill. Short legs suck!

Anyway, I'm sold on the idea of the Ossa, but it needs to prove itself. It would be incredible in the mountains.
  14. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    It will YEARS before the OSSA or the Freeride are worth anything....good ideas tho...

The Christini...like it has been said...ride one before buying one...I rode a 200xc, 250xc, 300 and a 450....first off I dont know how much weight it adds but it is definitely heavier....I kept catching my leg on the cover thingy on the left...just never did feel right on it...

Like Vinduro said...different isnt always better....does the Husky need upgrades...yes....I still feel it is one of the best bikes out there the way it sits...throw that a new right kick, left drive motor in a 150 chassis would be enough for me...even better would be a 175....the KTM E Start sucks just another thing to go wrong....

just my 2 pennies
    lankydoug likes this.
  15. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I've been riding with a few fellas (everyone else) with the KTM's since I got my Husky. Even most of those guys with the e-start use the kickers, because they're plain out unreliable.
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    +1 on that, every time I'm around a KTM with an e-start the rider will hit the button about 4 times and it sounds like a coffee grinder on steroids and fails to start the bike then they will kick start it and ride off. Meanwhile I'm thinking.. add $600 to the price of my bike and 20 lbs and get to carry that POS around... No thanks
  17. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    There seems to be a problem making reliable estarts on 2T's. Even the new Gasgas's are having troubles. As far as suspension goes... My stock 2011 KTM suspension is worlds better than any Husky suspension I've ridden, and I've tried plenty of local tuner revalved stuff. I have my WR125 stuff off to Les at LTR so we shall see.
  18. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Estarters, this is what KTM riders are doing:http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=441868
  19. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I’m real happy with my 150 but if I do get a second bike with more power I am not sure what I will do.

I could get a WR250 but I had a 02 and really it was just as good as the 12, maybe better as it was thinner and carried it’s fuel weight lower.

I could get a TC250 but I usually like 2 strokes and it is kind of the same class of bike as my CR150. Bills has some great prices on TXC250s but really I am not sure what it would do that my 150 doesn’t except weight a whole lot more.

Gasgas makes a nice bike. At 6’2” though I might not fit.

TM makes some cool bikes but they are a little too exotic for me. Trying to find user feedback for issues might be hard and even basic aftermarket support like spark arrestors might be an issue.

A Service Honda CR250AFX would be cool but 11k!

A YZ250 is light and has a great motor but everyone I have ridden does not turn. I could get used to it if it was my only bike but they turn so different from my Husky that it would be hard to ride them both frequently.

I am not interested in anything KTM makes.
  20. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    NWRider-"I could get a TC250 but I usually like 2 strokes and it is kind of the same class of bike as my CR150. Bills has some great prices on TXC250s but really I am not sure what it would do that my 150 doesn’t except weight a whole lot more."
    More noise.