1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st upgrading 04 tank/plastics to 06 +

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Dec 28, 2010.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I think its been asked or done on here before
    Do the 06 - 08 plastics an tank fit up to the 04 frame ? if seat swap also done
    cheers
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Its really a tough swap going newer. The tank bolts on with a through bolt that your frame doesn't have and the front tank holders/bumpers are in the wrong spot. I much prefer the older 04 set up anyway. It carries the fuel much lower and the seat height is at least 1/2" lower. It also comes with a 2.9 gal tank stock. I also like how slim the bike is with the older tank/seat. I would re-cover the seat though. The stock seat cover is really stiff/slick.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks Walt - I missed out on a wr I was bidding on
    and I am thinking of updating a Cr125 04 that I rode which has a strong motor and is selling cheap . You are right the seat is crap and turns up at the tank
    The owner has spray painted the tank black and the plastics red and guards white :banghead: I wonder how long that will last - I quite like the old school yellow

Does the IMS larger tank for a TE fit? Is that what KevinTE250 has ?
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yes all the 2T 2000- 04's use the same tank and plastic setup. Get the IMS 3.4 gal for the WR250. It is a really nice tank and doesn't add to the width much at all. I believe the 4T tanks will fit but I am not sure on that.