Visiting the Northwest... The Results

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by TCP, Jul 31, 2013.

1. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

WOW, that was FUN! Thanks to all the Café Husky members (especially Kelly fro Motosportz) for helping me plan this epic father and son ride vacation. We made a 14 hour bonzai run to Medford, OR so we could wake up the next morning and ride at Johns Peak. As we were warned the area is pretty huge and trails not very well marked. Would have been much better with a local guide as Kelly suggested. All in all a good day... glad to be on the bikes:)

oregon sign.jpg Paul & Austin.jpg

Johns Peak.jpg

We then headed north to visit the Husky Gods at Bills Motorcycle Plus in Salem and hang with the guys for a while and see some of Bills collection. Off to ride Upper Nestucca OHV near Beaver, OR. This was one of our favorites. Way off the beaten path and just beautiful. I'll need to find the photos and videos and post later.

Next day we drove out to the Tillamook forest and rode the Diamond Hill OHV. Camped out near the river. Great 16th birthday for Austin.

tent.jpg
  2. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Riding in Tillamook Forest was a real eye opener to the beauty and challenge of riding in this part of the world. If your not from around these parts I would recommend your first day in Tillamook be at the Browns Camp area.

bridge.jpg CR.jpg Jungle.jpg moss tree.jpg
  3. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Headed out to Portland for Thurday Night MX as a preview to Washougal. Huge crowd and some real fast guys showed up from the nationals to try to take some purse money from the locals. First time Jeff has won any money lately, he thought it would be cool to buy a new laser. Ooohh look at my new toy... IDIOT.

Alessi.jpg

Friday we headed to Washougal and set up camp at the track. I have wanted to watch a National here for years and it didn't disappoint. What a great facility.

washougal tunnel.jpg

RD.jpg
    RV.jpg
  4. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Time to take Kelly up on one of his highest recommendations... We're off to Gifford-Pinchot National Forest! We rode here for two days mostly around the Blue Lake area. We found it to be the perfect combination of flowing trails and challenging rocky side slopes that will provide us with great stories for years to come.

Blue Lake.jpg

Gifford.jpg

Gifford 2.jpg
    snow.jpg
    bigjon, Dirtdame, robertaccio and 2 others like this.
  5. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Strada time! We saved a day to ride the Strada through Mt. Ranier National Park. Perfect bike for blasting around the hills. Our park system really is a national treasure. After that time to head home. We arrived back home after 11 days on the road and we can't wait to do it again next summer!

Attached Files:

FabOneUp, bigjon, robertaccio and 2 others like this.
  6. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    man, what an awesome trip! thnx for sharing :thumbsup:
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Glad you had a great time and i am super sorry I could not carve out the time to meet up and show you some stuff. All of a sudden I had so much crap to do. Looks like you managed to find some good stuff. :thumbsup:
  8. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, we did OK for a couple of NW noobs. Thanks for the info., we'll be back to take you up on your ride offer for sure. We lucked out and were just ahead of the fire danger closures in Oregon. Phew!!

I got a ton of GoPro video I'll try to post some highlights this weekend.
  9. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Dang!!! Looks like you guys had a great trip! One your son will probably tell stories about forever... Nice Job!

I recognize the metal bridge with the yellow side rails on Mongo's Canyon at Diamond Mill... Looks like you found some of the good stuff!
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :cheers:
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Thanks for sharing. Riding in the PNW is definitely on my bucket list.
  12. bigjon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 WXC410 2000 TE410 2008 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJR 1300 Polaris 500
    Thanks for sharing all the cool pics