1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Walt Smith 165 race report

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, May 20, 2012.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So far I have about 75 miles of pre race testing on the motor then off to the races
    First race Round 4 of the Nationals in Bosie Idaho My son ran top 10 overall for 50 miles then crashed
    Second race the 2 stroke Nationals where the 165 beat the Husky 144 to the first turn but I am not a motocross guy so finished mid pac against mostly bigger bikes
    Thrid race round 5 of the National in Luceren Ca 90 miles of desert I finished 2nd in the 250 class and 4th overall in the 0 to open 50 A class
    Fourth race round 6 of the Nationals 119 miles in the trees of Utha finished 1st 250 and 2nd in the 0 to open 50 A class
    I live below sea level and the race in Utha went up to 7,386 feet I have not touched a thing on the bike since I started and the bike has run great in all places
    Bottom line I now have tested and Raced the Walt Smith 165 in just about every type of terrian from desert to mountains and even motor cross with zero problems

If you have ever worried if the bike will stay together well do not worrie as I have had no problems

I do have another 119 miles of Video to edit and post showing the 165 railing in the trees

Thanks Walt this 165 is more fun to ride then my tricked out Husky 300
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Great report Ajax! :thumbsup: What pipe are you running on the WB?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We have two of them pounding the gnar in the woods (just trail riding) and one just got raced a few times in Indiana and they have been bullet proof as well. Despite being trail bikes they are not being treated nice. Think big nasty rocky hills all day long.
    wallybean likes this.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the update. I didn't cut mine any slack a couple of weeks ago on a MX track then my son did more of the same. Only thing holding the WB165CR back was the stock suspension. That is being taken care of right now :D. Can't say thanks enough to Mr. Smith and his crew!
    wallybean likes this.
  5. cedarchopper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 165
    The 165 is hands down bets bike I have owned.
    wallybean likes this.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

He has the Ktm 200 sx Fatty pipe.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Awsome riding John. :applause: I just keep smiling everytime I ride mine. I sure have a ton of hours on mine now with no issues. Compression has dropped a lousy 1 psi after 60+ hours. Of course I don't rev it like some do but it is working hard in the the steep gnarly stuff too. Thanks guys for your kind words and thank you John and Kelly for all your help.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine still pulling me along. Super low end and great top end too. Surprises me every time I ride mine. Needs very little clutch work. Lugs down to nothing and keeps pulling strongly.