Wambaw

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by JCH4, Oct 11, 2009.

1. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I rode
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Great....? any more details?

T
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Me too. My ride looks like it was more fun than yours.:p
  4. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    Still waiting for the other shoe to drop...
  5. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I started to write this post, ran out of time, and then attempted to delete it but my computers skills are lacking so that is why it just says I rode.

However, while on the subject, if you have not ridden Wambaw Trail near Charleston, South Carolina you should try it. 40 miles of single track trails through the Francis Marion National Forest. The trails are incredibly sandy and plenty of whoops. They wear me out in short order. I end up mostly in Second or Third gear on my Husqvarna 350 Last weekend I rode a couple of hours both on Saturday and Sunday. I have just started riding again after a 20 year hiatus and really attempting to focus on ingraining good riding technique into my head. I am actually a good bit quicker than I expected after such a long interval so even after my long break a lot of it came back. I am hoping to try and ride at a place called Battery Park this weekend which has trails and also a couple of tracks. I prefer trail riding but want to work on my turns. Sometimes easier to do on a track when not worried about slaming into a pine tree. My end goal is to race in a Rally out west. Hope this was a little better than "I rode".
  6. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    Congrat's on re-kindling your love of motorbikes. Got any cool pics you can post?
  7. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just this photo from an earlier ride at Wambaw. As i have been riding solo it is difficult to get too many shots.

Attached Files: