1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Want to buy lectron carb will it work on 2012 ktm 250 sx also

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Will one carb work on both my 2008 cr 165 and 2012 ktm 250 sx so I can try on both before buying two.
  2. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes -- either the 36 or 38 would work. I'd probably go with the 38... Just my $0.02.
    wallybean likes this.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The SX 250 will really like the 38 better and the 165 does really well with the 38. Pretty hard to distinguish between the two when jumping back and forth between the 38 and 36 on the 165. I think this is a testament to the inherant flexibility of the lectron metering rod with the adjustable top end booster.
  4. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    What I've always found odd is that the 250SX comes with a 36 ....
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Guys that have them always remark about how much better it runs with a 38/39mm carb.;)
  6. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 250 sx just screams from top to bottom with stock carb but motor has been worked a little has 210 psi compression like my 165 has now but if this carb works this well it would be nice to compare. I am at Moab right now for last 5 day putting 165 through a lot of shit and it has worked great and have it tuned as good as it will get with tmx carb and there still is a lot of spooge out silencer which makes me think it not at 100% yet. The riding at Moab is very slow technical where you need jetting right on and hope new carb might improve a already great bike. Thanks for help again. And My 2008 cr165 made it through (5 miles of hell) which is a feat for any bike and still has factory clutch.
    wallybean likes this.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I think I have seen back to back dyno runs of the 250 sx with the stock versus 39mm carb. Huge difference upper mid to top. Only reason I gave it credence is that it was same dyno same day and looked like a well run test. 250SX makes crazy power with either and can't imagine implementing it anywhere other than an MX track or sand.
  8. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We took a half ride day at white wash dunes about 1 hour from Moab where I rode my 250sx in dunes which I have never done before and was it ever fun. My 250 sx was to the pin 3/4 off the time for 2-3 hours straight that is where you need power. Then we went trail riding with 165 for afternoon and it was way better for that than 250 sx would ever be. Power and stiff suspension can be evil at the wrong time.
  9. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So is there a different throttle cable that we need to make it fit on 250 sx if it comes setup for wr165.
  10. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I use ktm cables on my Huskys so you should be good to go.