1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Water in crank from blown head gasket. Help?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dea9, Oct 22, 2011.

1. dea9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150, 2004 CR125, 2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC200
    Hey everyone,

I have a 2004 CR125 that recently had the Eric Gorr 144 kit put on.

After riding for about 30 min the bike suddenly just lost power/compression and wouldn't run anymore.

When I took the head off, there was a puddle on top of the piston, and the inner head gasket was worn through in at least one spot, maybe 2. There was also a ton of liquid in the expansion chamber.

I think some or all of the pure water that was in my radiator leaked into the cylinder and possibly down into the crank.

Anyway, here's my questions:

1) is it possible that I have water down in the crank? If so, do I need to worry about it, or can I just run it and it will boil off? Is there a chance that damage could have been done to the crank, rod, or wrist pin bearings?

Basically, do I have to go through thing and do a bottom end rebuild?

2) the cylinder and piston look fine (no scoring). Any reason that water in the cylinder requires a rehone and new piston?

Thanks,
    Dan
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    1 it is down in your crank as well.

2 pull your engine and flush crank out, blow out with air pressure about 50 psi. I use kerosene to flush. Also make sure you didn't flip flop your base gasket. Clean cylinder piston head, sealing ring area on your head. Next oil all bearings, crank and all with 2 stroke oil, reassemble. If you had antifreeze with water, make sure you get it all out, eats bearings.
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I would also add that you need to look very carefully around the inner seal ring for any imperfections such as a crack or uneven sealing area with a straightedge and a feeler gauge

should not have failed to start with