Waterfall excitement

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is exactly why you gotta be very caution when riding alone or just riding in general ... My riding buddy was down the road on this ride while I was scoping out this connecting trail on my 08 TXC250 but if I have went over here, I might have been waiting for a while before he or someone else comes along ...

The only thing I can figure is because that small creek was in a curve, I must have inadvertently leaned the bike just slightly off straight-up-and-down and caused the front wheel to slide out... It happened so quick, I had no time to even think ... Going over that falls did not even register until I have stopped .. I don't even know for sure I if could have jump off the bike before it went over that small water fall ...

I'm 100% aware that most of these cement creek crossing, if any water is present, are as slippery as owl do-do and crossing them any other way than with a closed throttle and bike 100% upright, is gonna cause excitement ...So I was 100% surprised at this moment ... I did not even know why the bike stopped when it finally stopped ... But apparently, I got some front brake and if you stop the video, you can see my front tire is out of the creek and back on some hard ground for traction...

This was really a cool spot and if you look at these pics, there are some paths that lead off into the woods for exploring sometime in the future ...I took these pics on the first pass through this area and the event happened on the way back ...

This pic is of the direction I was coming from before the mishap ... You can see the riding line down the center of the cement with green on each side... 100% owl do-do slick in the green ... You cannot touch it without risking a crash ... ESP on the downhill side ...
    100_9750.JPG

Here is the down hill from another angle ... It gives a truer view of the angle of decent ... And you can see the spot I slide on just behind the rear wheel...
    100_9748.JPG

A view of the trail back out past the creek.
    100_9749.JPG

Immediate AO.
    100_9744.JPG

The connecting trail ride and incident at :18 mark ... I really liked this section and it has some real loam on it in a few places and a few side trails for next time ..

If you use the 'youtube' button on the lower of the media frame, you can watch it on youtube and change the resolution to a higher quality ..
    benwiggin2 likes this.