1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WB 165 grin grin grin

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by R-J van Hulst, Aug 21, 2012.

1. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    :D:D:D:D

first heat cycle

bit deeper bark from the motor.:cool:

second heat cycle.

made the first few meters with me on it and had the thought don't rev it to hard so very conservative scooting around.

came back from 15 minutes of doing that and i see some minor amount of cooling liquid seeping through the cylinder head threads and nuts

(I damaged the old ones with taking it off and bought SS regular ones):naughty:

there is a reason that you need the closed nuts ones

sand papered the copper washers again and did get the proper nuts.

up the motor again and ride a bit more assertive.:rolleyes:

My first reaction was not immensely impressed with the punch but OK maybe I was hoping to much and maybe the jetting is not perfect

there was one thing i noticed that if the power valves opens I hear some kind of a rattle.:confused:

Checked the jetting and that was already very good

road a few more kilometers and left the bike for a day or 2 on its own (I had beer drinking obligations and so)

still thinking about the rattle I jumped again on the bike to find out.:thinking:

road again a few kilometer and the funny thing is that at a sudden point the bike transformed in hitting a serious punch that was not earlier experienced

it also accelerates smoother and is for sure beefier in the whole range

no such a thing as a up shift to much and diving to the front as it is only a matter of opening the throttle in that situation and it really wants to put the front tire in the air.

:D:D:D

about the rattle: its my kick starter that hits the exhaust pipe at a certain RPM resonance

did find that one out when I was standing still and revved it a bit higher with the kick starter in out position

A bit of aircon insulation around the kick starter would be the remedy for tha.

for sure I will have some nice miles ahead with this one:banana:

Thanks Walt for your effort and determination of developing this Kit.

Robert-Jan
    wallybean likes this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet glad you are enjoying it. Love mine on my 08 CR! The WB 165 does make it hard to pull the trigger on my next bike though :D.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Unless of course the 165 will transfer over to the new ride!
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I thought about that but instead I pulled the bike down completely and had the frame powdercoated black, new tires, new plastic, new grafix, new suspension, Rekluse EXP, 200 Fatty pipe, new Flex bars, and new grips so my 08 CR WB165 is like new. I just want a new 250/300 too; I think
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

That is going to be a hard one to replace!!!
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tell me about it and I'm not actually replacing it :confused:. I just want another bike that's different but feels as good. Any suggestions LOL.
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Naw I can't go back to a 125 now. Thinking GG250, TM EN250, or wait and see if Husky changes their 250 for 2013. LOL I almost picked up a Kaw 500 in a 250F frame the other day!