1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WB165 kit and Lectron carb vids

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dug out my old first generation Gopro after loosing my nice one at the NW Husky Gathering :cry: Anyway, it works OK and i had not posted vids since I had the 165 and Lectron on there. I am running a pipe I don't like as well as my Doma but it is kinda cool and runs fine just moved the power around and i think I liked it better before. All in the name of testing. Walts amazing 165 kit continues to be abused and thrashed and then abused and just keeps saying "bring it on". Love that more and the Lectron makes it amazing.

So this is not a really cool ride vid but had a mix of open and tight and some elevation change so thought is was a good one to post. That said like all vids this really gets flattened out. The wheelies when I blip the throttle aren't as obvious as they should be nor are the waterbar jumps near the beginning. Also this is slick clay with lots of down branches and stuff. Not like it id hard just trying to put the terrain more in perspective.

The Lectron runs super sharp, lungs like a mad man and climbs like crazy. the 165 is the perfect motor for me (thanks again Walt) And to make this sound like even more of a sales pitch :>) my new 19" Motoz Enduro IT is kicking ass out there. I'm a climbing fool (instead of just a fool) with that tire and this bike. It is a 250 sized 19" but this bike handles it EZ and the hookup I am getting is :eek:

Fun stuff...

2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool video K. So do you like the Doma over the Fatty too? Those BIG fern plants still crack me up. I'm waiting to see a T-Rex jump out on one of your videos :lol:.
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I've noticed that a lot of your riding area looks like the remnents of Mt. St.Helens eruption. How many hills have been clear cut up there?
  4. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

What impressed me the most is where you decided to ride one handed down a nasty steep hill and wipe off your,e Go Pro.
    Bike sounds great.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have not tried the Fatty on this bike. Going by memory the Fatty makes more bottom, about the same mid and less top than my 200 Doma pipe but the Doma is very smooth and linear and i like that. Maybe not the most exciting pipe but the most functional / predictable and overall power is very good.

Yes huge ferns everywhere. This area is borderline jungle.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This area is north Oregon Coast range, about 100 miles as a crow flies from the St Helen's stuff we ride. Quite a bit different. Helen's has way more old growth, less underbrush and is more remote and rugged plus is ash based where the is clay. This area has more tight technical and LOTS of massive hills to climb. If you ride the harder trails it separates the boys from the men really quick. Many areas are take no prisoners and you have to commit. Ont he right trails here a 30 mile loop can waste you. Really good technical stuff. Pucker down hills, pucker side hills, huge multi try up hills. Fun.
    454x likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    its all about getting the shot for you guys :D
    sabortooth likes this.
  8. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've ridden some stuff in the Trask -- I seem to remember a Fish Hatchery up where we staged out of. A club called the Trailsmen did a poker run years ago and that's what I remember were these monster hills. This area close?
  9. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    TSF and Trask are next door neighbors literally. I have not seen that fish hatchery, but I haven't spent nearly as much time in the trask as I have the TSF. Trask is generally a bit less used, and trails are just as gnarly, if not more...
  10. Flying-W Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Hi Blake and BoiseDave-
    The "Trask" is defined differently by a lot of people. One thing is for sure, it is within the boundaries of the Tillamook State Forest (TSF). It is in the southern portion of the designated OHV area within the TSF.
    Regards,
    Kent
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  11. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Trask is actually Trask Mountain, the tallest mountain in the area. I used to be a member of the Trask Mountain Motorcycle Club and helped put on the 2 Day Qualifiers there back in the 70s. The Tillamook National Forest is a great place to ride.
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Kent? on a WR125? Is that yours or for your daughter?

Wave!:applause:

Later,
  13. Flying-W Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Hey Jakers-
    What if I told you I'm planning a little cylinder magic for that puppy?:D

When it's all done, it's either Katie's growler or mine to party on a little. Emily is putting the Orange 200 to work for her quite well and Samantha is still riding the wheels (recently grown to 19" and 16") off her Orange 85XC. My Orange 300 is still motoring strong (I put a new bottom end in it after the 24hr Race this year - it had 530 hours). :)

I will be talking to Lon and Bill tomorrow at BMP about next steps to raising the volumetric displacement of the WR cylinder. I'm still very much low on the learning curve but feel in good company with all the local PNW guys that sport 144s and 165s. I've been bugging Kelly already and maybe I'll shoot you and\or Blake some q's here shortly...even PinCushion!:applause: (Remember our first ride up Archers? I sure do :cheers:).
    Regards,
    Kent
    jmetteer likes this.
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Whats up Kent!?
    yeah,I remember that ride and the ones that followed that almost ruined dirt biking for me. I didnt realize woods riding was so tough.

I was expecting to see you at the 6hr yesterday, but never did. where you guys there?

See ya around:cheers:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yeah, that's Hollywood area near the Tillamook coast.
  16. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Kent, I'm not 100% sure who you are, but thinking I rode with you a couple of times outta Carlton with Red? Ring a Bell? If so, you had the boy that was roughly 14 at the time, that was flying?!?!?!
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That's probably him. Taller guy on a KTM? Good peeps.
  18. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    gravity racing was cool. i love that. got a few trails i do that here with dead engine goes on for days. cool sounds when coasting. you have yellow grips kel! nice save on the stall too! motor sounds wicked torquey. like it.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As we ride lots of elevation changes we often Coastercross.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lots of times We ride fast stuff into trail and the first time you let the clutch out you realize you are in 4th at walking speed. Oops.