1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wb165 v250f

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wayne, Nov 6, 2012.

1. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

hi guys on a mx track same rider, which one would win? was gonna buy the 144 kit for the cr125 ,but i dont think it would still cut it against the thumper
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think it would depend on the track. The 250F might still have a slight advantage. They have been highly developed for MX.
  3. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    But the "neener ~ neener" factor when you beat a 250f would be priceless :D
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like sitting at the top of a gnarly hill climb waiting for the 250/450's to arrive. Even better if i get to pass them on the way up. Fun.
    water racer, wallybean and jmetteer like this.
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    It's all rider. I can whoop on my buddy who rides a 450 with my cr125 on a mx track.

I still think 250F's are the best moto weapon ever made. They're just not overly exciting like a 2 stroke is.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Of coarse it is but with the same rider which is faster around the track? For me I think it depends on the track but as much as i love the 165 still think the 250F has an advantage. The 250F's have proven themselves as fantastic MX bikes and are laser focused on that mission.
  7. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

would be interested in compared laptimes if anyone has done it
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Cam Mitchell in British Columbia is just now converting his 144 to a 165. He is doing mostly MX and I am sure he will chime in once he gets some time on the 165 as compared to the 250F's.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm slightly faster on my 2010 TC250 than I am on my 08 Husky CRWB165 at our MX track (1.2 miles lots of turns). Way funnier on the 165. On a bigger higher speed track I would be faster on the 165. The 250 has just the right amount of usable power for me on a MX track with tight turns and med jumps. I actually have to make sure I don't get to wild on the 165 or I think it would bite me. Keep in mind I'm a 53 year old rider so this .02 may not mean much to you. I do feel the 165 will run longer and cheaper than any 250F figuring repairs and maintenance.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Is one or two seconds a lap going to make that big a difference to you ? If it is then the 250 f would be the bike for you . Fourstrokes are easier to ride.
    I think the point PC was making is that a great rider on even a 125 will tear apart a track like most of us can only dream of doing. They use all the power available and corner much faster get up to speeds we dont - whatever we ride.
    So Id suggest if you want to go faster - learn to ride faster first
    ( thats not to say you dont already ha ha)
    R-J van Hulst likes this.