Weekend in review snapshots 04/30/11-05/01/11

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, May 2, 2011.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I actually got to ride TWO days this last week. They weren't terribly long rides, or not long enough anyway. And there was a Husqvarna involved on one of the days. Poor Trajan the TE doesn't get out enough these day, so little in fact that his battery is finally getting weak. So I had to kickstart him. But luckily, as we all know Husqvarnas are simple to light up by boot. Saturday found me, the TE and his worn out tires out at Corral Canyon for a couple of fun filled hours. I got to try out some new riding pants too. It was a fine afternoon on the trails.

The evening before the ride.
    [IMG]

My new riding duds. This is the first pair of Klim pants that I have bought....and probably the last brand of anything else I will buy (unless they say Husqvarna on them). Nothing fits or works better.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Late spring blooms along Bronco Flats trail.
    [IMG]

A view of the valley from the the trail that used be called "beehive".
    [IMG]

Beehive was and is a very steep trail in places. Here, I was sliding, stalled and slid to a stop right in front of another wild flower photo op.
    [IMG]

Good old trail #4.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Sunday found me picking the green slug for my dualsport adventure, since poor Bailey The KLX hadn't seen any action since January. And his fork seals were weeping. But what the heck, I decided to do a Laguna Mountain loop with lunch in Julian at my favorite place Apple Alley. I forgot to check my gas tank before starting the ride. A mile or so out I took a peek and misjudged that I had a half a tank....plenty to get to Julian on. 12 miles later on top of the ridge on Deerpark road (a glorified two track), the bike quit running. Whoops, I guess I guessed wrong. I could turn around now, but there was too much dirt to go back on. If I ran out of my reserve in the dirt, I might not see anybody else for a long time. If I continued on, at least a somewhat major piece of blacktop highway was only two miles ahead. So, I continued on.....and on. There were some tense moments as the miles rolled by on the odometer, but I arrived at the mountain gas station in Julian with a whole cup of fuel to spare. Whew! With Bailey fueled up and and myself filled with a yummy sammich I prepared for the return leg of my journey. A nice ride back with nothing out of the ordinary to report.

Old Pine Valley Creek bridge
    [IMG]

Lake Cuyamaca
    [IMG]

Sunrise Highway
    [IMG]

The desert view from the highway
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

These little signs seem to adorn every locked gate in the local mountains.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  3. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Mmmmm --what can i say as Usual --great stuff --[IMG]
  4. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Spring has sprung in the foothills...Thanks for sharing
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I did Cub Scout/Boy Scout outings at Camp Cuyamaca in the 50's. Learned to swim there.
  6. MuddyMan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250
    Every time you do your ride reports I want to jump into the truck and drive out there to ride. Once again I wish there were trails like that on the East Coast... Maybe one day I will get to ride out there.

Please keep sharing your pictures and rides for us who can't be there riding with you![IMG]
    Dirtdame likes this.
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Good stuff!
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles: