1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Weight between WR300 and Husaberg TE300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Any one really know if the Husaberg TE300 is lighter then a WR 300

Getting my ideas together as soon I will have to get a new Husky be it a Husaberg with Husky stickers or wait one more year and hope for something new from the Husaberg/Husky shop
    Or just get a left over WR300 since I have so many spares
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My owners booklet states that it weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 223 pounds, dry, which is what my KDX 220 claims as well. The funny thing is that the WR300 feels a lot lighter to ride than my 220. It also felt lighter than my buddy's KTM 300. It must have something to do with the center of gravity.:excuseme:
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    It is but not much - I think it was 2 kg - 5 lbs lighter. I will check its in an old mag I have.
    Stick with the Huskys
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    jan 2011 ADB test
    weighed with fuel
    Hussy - 114.4kg
    Husky - 116.6 kg
    TM - 110.7
    gas gas - 120.5
    ktm - 114.6
    TE was the clear winner of test with a score of 8.68 Wr - 7.74 - ( One of the test riders is a factory KTM rider)
    straight line - wr was quickest off the line until the higher geared bikes overtook
    lap times much the same which is good since the Husky would have been unfamiliar
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I've been told by someone who had both the Huss is more race orientated and the husky is more everything orientated. Love my 300. Does everything perfect.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My bike started out as a 2010 Zip Ty Racing 2 stroke National race bike Who knows what it is now
    Still a stock WR 300 motor with older CR electronicts
    Stock Carb off a 2006 WR 250
    Ohliens suspention ft and rear The best money can buy
    Motion pro Clutch cable with ARC levers really made a difference
    Stock gearing no matter where I race 13/48
    FMF pipe with FMF sparkarrestor still no pipe guard
    Stock tank with dry break holds 3 gallons
    Hyde skid plate
    Flat land rad guards
    BRP chain guide
    Iron man sprockets
    I also run bib mousses front and rear with Dunlop Geo Max 51 tires 90/100/21 and 100/110/18
    Used these same tires at every National this year all over the south west
    The bike flat works with the Ohliens suspention and Bib Mousses in the tires you can hit just about any thing you want the suspention will soak it up and the tires will not go flat
    So it looks like unless Husky/Husaberg comes out with something really special there is no need for doing this all over again with a new Husky/Husaberg Which will not have interchangable parts with all the other Husky I already have.
    so I better quit watching all those Gram Garvis extream enduro videos Because he sure makes that Husaberg soon to be called a Husky look good
    Maybe Letti needs to make a few off road videos with the Wr 300 before he is on a Blue and Yellow Husaberg/Husky Then I really will want a new bike
    OR forget about thinking about it and just go ride
    lankydoug, LandofMotards and 454x like this.
  7. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    i was in a dealers the other day and he said husky are not develpoing any new 2t engines and were dropping the 250 & 300 line up,maybe now KTM have bought them they will be using their engines?