1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Well I've joined the 144 club

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Mar 26, 2011.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:D I put my 144 system together this past week, did my break in's, and then started to play. In a word this 08 CR144 is AWESOME!!! I have a woods loop and MX track at my place and after spending about 5-6 hrs on my 144 I couldn't be happier. The bike has so much more bottom and midrange I am running 2-3 gears higher on my woods loop and the bike is electric smooth. No more soft bottom followed by a big hit at the top (for a 125). My 144 is so smooth I can't feel the hit; just steady pull from the bottom to the top. I've done about 10 drag race launches and through the first 4 gears the front end rises each gear. I have to use throttle control to keep from looping in 1-3 now. I'm not much of a woods rider but this bike is so fun in my woods loop I may be converted. So smooth, so easy to ride, and no more clutching second gear turns. Well you get my point; I love this 144! I want to thank Walt for helping me so much and doing the work on my PV's. Whithout his help I would still be taking about the 144 instead of enjoying one. If CH ever gives out awards to members Walt gets my vote for MVP!
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks John but all I do is what almost all the members here do and that is help all fellow CH riders any way they can. Glad you like the 144, they are awsome motors and bikes.
  3. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

awesome man have fun! maybe some vid comming soon??
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good for you! 144 kit made my 125 into the small bore I always wanted.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sweet, enjoy. Hard to have more fun than a 144.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Video....lol I can't even post pics. Now I do know how to have fun and the 144 is making it a lot easier. The 144 pulls so smooth in 2nd and 3rd gears at slow speeds it's unreal. I thought my 2010 GasGas 300 was a smoth woods bike now it feels like a MX bike by compairson. Guys don't miss read smooth for slow because this little 144 flat out rips too when you ask it to. It's just so different from the stock 125 trim it's hard to believe it's the same bike. The power blend through out the entire RPM range is amazing. Oh... and Walt, I guess Peyton Manning just throws a pointed ball lol. Yes we all help each other when we can it's just that some of you guys on here offer your help at a much higher level. I for one appreciate this site and it's members.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Norman and K. Now I'm going to get the suspension done and maybe an auto clutch of some type. If I'm cheating I want to be the best at it.
  8. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice!
    Is this the OEM 144 kit or did you have the stock 125 top end modded?
    I'm trying to hold out and wear out my 125 piston
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had the stock stuff modded. Cylinder, head cut, and PV's modded. I also have the stock carb, FMF Fatty, and PC 2. I was going to hold out too but now I kicking myself for waiting.
  10. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

John where did you send your Stuff to get Modded what powervalve springs and jetting are you running. I have my stock 125 cylinder I should get modded because there is no way I am going back to 125 again and it nice to have a spare around ready to go. The way my 2008 cr handles I think I might just keep it for a long time. How long will the bottom end last before any major tear down is needed. My bike has about 100 hours of vet class mx and seems tight still and oil comes out very clean after 4-5 hours track time also clutch is stock and also seems great. Overall I can not see any reason to upgrade I like the tall, roomy, stable feel this bike gives.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had Walt send the stuff out for me and he personally ground my power valves. I haven't changed the PV springs. I'm running the stock carb and currently have it set up with 380 main, stock needle, 3rd clip from the top, 30 pilot, and 1 1/2 turns out. I'm 300-500' above SL and them temps have ranged from 55-75 lately; until today at 35-45. On how long the bottom will last I'm thinking a long time with me on the bike. Ajaxauto guy has been racing his hard for over 2 years.
  12. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

any details on the head work? Is the chamber reshaped or just shaved? Also do they change port timing on the cylinder or just clean the ports up? Thanks!
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not sure other than once broken in the PSI was measured at 218. The tec questions are over my head sorry. I'm running a 50/50 mix of 93 and 109.5 oct fuels and what ever was done makes me a happy rider.
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

im curious why the mix of 93 and 109? why not just go all 109?
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We needed 97-100 for the 2011 TM 250 MX we have and I just figured to be safe I would run it in the 144. I'm not sure if I need it or not. The 109.5 around here is $6.85 per gallon so it saves a few bucks per gallon. Would there be any gains to running 109 straight?
    scrambler likes this.
  16. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Like John,I have also gone with 144 proportions ('08 cr125).Power valve mods in progress with our man Walt!
    Almost went with a new ride at the end of last year,but couldn't make the deal...so through reading all the 144 kit experience's,I decided to supersize!

John any noticeable difference in fuel mileage?...
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dennis,

I don't know about fuel mileage as high altitude jetting doesn't equate to where you guys are but I am now sporting a pretty good shiner from looping the 144 when getting frisky off a ditch bank. Excuse me while I kiss the dirt clod through my helmet. John that is some serious throttle response.[IMG]
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Scrambler not that I can tell. I am using less throttle and RPM's when just riding in the woods so I would think it may be better now. Honestly I don't race so I don't pay much attention to fuel comsumption. What ever fuel I am going through the fun factor makes it more than worth it. Walt be carefull I told you the 144 is a beast. Scrambler you are gonna love the 144.