Well, well, look who's over at Zero Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by mnb, Oct 27, 2013.

1. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I'm intrigued by electric motorcycles. I like that they're quiet. I like a good exhaust note as much as the next guy, but in California there's a strong anti-dirt bike sentiment for a few reasons, one of which is the noise.

I'm not sure electric bikes are there yet, but the latest Zero models aren't doing half bad. The problem is you can refill a gas tank in seconds and it takes 2-3 hours to recharge their large battery pack.

I was clicking around the Zero website, checking out various models, specs and videos and surfed over to info about the company and the team.

Maybe it's been known, but I hadn't heard, so I was a bit surprised (and happy) to see this:

[IMG]
    SCOT HARDEN
    VP OF GLOBAL MARKETING

Scot brings more than 40 years of racing, management, product development and brand building experience in the motorcycle industry to Zero. Inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame in 2008, Scot has amassed 20 different International motorcycle racing titles and more than 200 wins including two SCORE Baja 1000 wins, three SCORE Baja 500 wins and two SCORE Championship titles. Throughout his career Harden has held executive sales, marketing and race team management positions with leading European motorcycle OEMs, including KTM and Husqvarna. His track record for building brands and companies is well known throughout the industry.

I came into the Husky fold shortly before Scot exited, but I gather he was one of the good ones from various comments I've seen. Hopefully he can help Zero become a major force in the industry.
    huskyduck likes this.
  2. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rather old news . He has been there several years now ....