1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What about the fmf shorty silencer?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Giannis90, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    Hello folks,

I've already installed the fmf fatty on my wre and I'm about to replace the stock silencer. Possible choices: fmf shorty, fmf turbinecore 2. Actually at first I was looking only for the turbinecore 2 but when I read about the shorty which gives the bike more power to the low-mid range I thought its definitely what I'm looking for.

The fact is that I don't know if the silencer will fit properly or will it need customization? I don't know if I'm wrong but I think the one which is for the yamaha yz 125 (2002-2012) fits properly to husqvarna wr and wre also.

Is there any rider who is using the specific silencer?
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    ive been curious about back-to-back tests of the Shorty vs. Turbine Core as well... i have the Turbine Core now but when funds allow, i'll be grabbing a Shorty for track days.

as for fit, if you already have the Fatty, you should be able to use either silencer for Husky. no clue on the Yamaha cross reference though. i would just order the matching Husky silencer.
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I had both the stock, and shorty on my RM125 (with SST pipe). I did back to back tests a few times and was never able to tell a difference in power.
  4. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    hmmm. maybe i'll wait til i crush the Turbine Core then :D
  5. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    That's the thing. Even at the official fmf website doesn't give the shorty for any husqvarna. However, the shorty for the yamaha yz 125 (2002-2010) seems to fit properly.
  6. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    Maybe you should try the fatty pipe. Before buying the fatty I was able to try them both and I chose the fatty because I saw noticeable difference between them.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR

ah, sorry man, i was thinking the Powercore WAS the Shorty but it looks almost the same just without the turbine spark arrestor. my bad. had it saved in my eBay watch list forever and just compared the two. Shorty is way shorter. duh.
  8. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    It's ok mate. So for the moment I don't know what to do. I contacted with the fmf by sending them an email so I guess I have to wait for it. In case the shorty doesn't fit, I'll go for the turbinecore 2. I just don't know if it's what I'm looking for. As I said I prefer the power to the low-middle range.