1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc what can I expect

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marshwater, Dec 24, 2012.

1. marshwater Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TE449 (sold) '13 WB165
    Going from a te449 to a wr150? Pissed? Happy?
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    wr 150 might be dissapointing compared to the 450,but I'd say it would be more up to your riding style.If you like to keep it pinned and clutch,you'll love it.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are gonna be MAD........mad you didn't do it sooner. I had a 2009 TXC510 loved the e-start and tq. but not so much love for the weight. Picked up a new 2008 CR125 late in 09 as "just a play" bike. Well the 510 has long been gone and the CR125 is now a WB165 and I couldn't be happier. The light weight, unreal handling, and power just make the bike so fun and easy to ride I think you would be very happy with a 150. Have you had a chance to ride one?
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    you gonna smile a lot more (screaming 2 strokes tend to incite that behavior):D

you gonna last way longer on a higher level of riding in your rides.

you might improving your riding as the little one is not forgiving that easy in making mistakes.

you will laugh at all your riding buddies with 400+ displacement bikes and let them eat all their words as you still beat them with a small bore that they regard as a moped

all with all you evolve and improve

Robert-Jan
    huskybear likes this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

BTW the 150's lug way better than most people think and a 165 just takes it a few steps further while still keeping the lightweight feeling. Like Robert-Jan said be ready to "smile" :D.
    Vinduro and huskybear like this.
  6. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    cant we have both?
  7. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I asked pretty much the same question when I was considering buying my bike back in June.... I thank all the good people here for helping me and describe how these bikes handle and I'll offer this....

It depends on the kind of riding you do and your size and weight.... What you expect out of a bike really depends on your riding style... If your a rider that rides miles and miles of the open stuff, the 150 may not be enough for you... If you like squirting through tight tough stuff like a lizard this is the bike that masters it... They turn on a dime and handle like nobody's business in sand, mud,hills and rocks.. They are light and don't wear you out at the end of the day.... If your a desert rider you may want the extra umph the big four T gives you... The only way you can tell if this bike suits your needs is to ride one... Me personally I have a new WR 150 and a KTM EXC 250F... I will ride my WR any day over my KTM... But there are things the KTM has a proven advantage over my Husky...It's a trade of that I'm willing to live with.... One example is that my KTM climbs like a billy goat in the muddy nasty rooted hills we can ride in sometimes.. The down side is the weight.... Screw up on that same hill with my KTM and drop the bike, it sucks to pick it back up and try and navigate the hill.. Screw up on my Husky I just regroup and do my best to climb the hill... The best advice anyone can give you is to get some seat time on the WR 150 and make your decision from there...

On a side note.... If your lucky enough to have both bikes your gonna be a happy camper...
    huskybear likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have both. Very different bikes and both very good. The 125 is single track nirvana and probably the funnest bike ever.
    huskybear and Jersey Woods like this.