What did you do to your SWM....

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Oldscool, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Let's get the ball rolling.

From 7602 racing I've fitted radiator braces, front disc guard, rear disc guard and offset alloy axle blocks.

I've also fitted an alloy bash plate, Bridgestone X20 90/100 front tyre, Kenda Melville2 110/100 rear tyre and a 48t steel rear sprocket (45 will be fitted next time).

These tyres and gearing are for off-road trail use. For on road adventure type riding it will have a 14t or 15t front sprocket and dual purpose tyres.

I cut the clutch lever down so only my pointer finger can operate it. I find this gives me better clutch feel because I can run plenty of freeplay, pulling the lever almost all the way to the bars for full disengagement. By cutting it down I don't crush the other fingers. I also cut a cross hatch pattern where my finger grips it to avoid slipping off the lever. I should add that my hands are on the small side, mainly due to short fingers.

Ok, so I've started, now let's get some input from owners who really know what they're doing.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Sorry, but no pic=didn't happen :cheers:
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Is that a oem, Magura 163 Hymec lever you cut? You can get that Magura lever in a shorty version by the way.

Is this the clutch assembly on you bike?

163.png
  4. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    True......I'm having trouble attaching pics. I am using an iPad though, I'll try later using a computamathingy, just gotta load the pics from pad to puter
  5. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep that's it. Didn't know about a short lever.....might get one as a spare.

Cheers for the heads up.
  6. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've decided to set it up for some summer dual sport riding by fitting a Motoz mountain hybrid 120/100x18 and 15-45 gearing.

Had a short test ride today with this setup and I'm very happy with the tyre and gearing for this type of riding. It makes cruising the main roads a breeze running 5000rpm at 100km/h.

As a side note, I'm using a chain length that allows me enough adjustment to swap to a 13t front sprocket. With this chain and the massive tyre, when running the 15t, the tyre eats the rubber shock guard. No matter, just make a new one with some rubber sheet I have. Perhaps I should have gone for the 110/100 instead??
    Gojonnoport likes this.
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    My clutch has failed. I noticed grey matter in the fluid resevoir which I put down to wear in the bore. On Sunday it failed on my last 50 Kms of riding (It was becoming difficult to change prior to not operating). Managed to lug her home in top gear and stall her in my driveway.
    Took it off and sent it to the dealers (300kms away). It is a cheap chines magura rip off. I temporarily took the clutch of one on my 310's (bolted straight on). What a difference a quality magura clutch is-note this is the original clutch not rebuilt sine new in 2010. Did 300+ ks with my mates on Wednesday with the husky clutch and was 100% perfect. Even though the dealer will probably honour this as a warranty job I have ordered a new magura clutch
    Guys, have a look at your clutch fluid if it is grey and discouloured you have an issue pending me thinks.
    Gojonnoport likes this.
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    I had white/grey particles in my clutch fluid 2 yrs ago on the 310. Flushed with new. Came back at elevation recently. Seals at clutch slave now the target source of issues and may be the source of the particles. Will know shortly on my engine.
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Johnrg, love to know your findings.
    Cheers.
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Here are some of the pics Oldscool sent us of rad braces and disc guards. The rad pics show what he did to the horn mount to get it to fit.

We're still judging what the interest is in SWM products right now. We do have several sets of radiator braces left in stock, but we are out of disc guards. Below are links to products we have in stock that will fit the 300 and 500 RS models.

http://www.7602racing.com/product-p/hus-ab2-r.htm
    http://www.7602racing.com/product-p/hus-rb07.htm

IMG_0515.JPG.jpeg IMG_0516.JPG.jpeg IMG_0517.JPG.jpeg
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    What pegs are you running Oldscool?
  12. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did some searching through my old invoices and found they came from a company called Savage mx (savagemx.com.au). They were originally fitted to my WR and swapped straight over to the SWM.
    I don't know what brand they are though mate as they cleanskins. I did have to file them a little to get em to fit my WR, no big deal, just sayin.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Haha thought so I'm gonna get some. Cheap too but look good & wide platform. Not flogging out around the holes(elongating)?
  14. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    No mate, they seem to be ok. However I only weigh around 80kg, avoid deep mud, wet sand and clean and lube (WD40) after every ride.
    Then again at the price they are, a new set every year or 2 is still good value.
  15. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510,SWM Superdual,Triumph Explorer
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM Superdual,Tiger Explorer
    Testing mine in the coffee mountains of Nicaragua
    Pulls like a trector no issues at 1,150 kms
    NCSteve likes this.
  16. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  18. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    HI guys
    Waiting to be mounted :
    plate, radiator guards, arrow muffler,ex husky IMS tank, hand guards, usb connexion, ram mount for montana, extra lights ( these three from my former DRZ) and the very connexions
  19. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I love my Safari 25 litre fuel tank. 450 kms range in the bush. Weight is kept low, bike has not overheated in the summer heat-I use engine ice by the way.
  20. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    SWM-1.jpg

Mine Rs650R has a te630 bashplate, a te610 rear cush wheel , a temp sensor with a probe in the radiator fins and lots of scratches from offroading it.
    In the near future i will install a SWM dualscreen (for those multidays trips with highway parts), some wider pegs and a nice single exahaust (when i find someone in Portugal that can remap this athena get ecu stuff).