1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc What does anyone know about mid-90s TM 250s?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dfeckel, Oct 8, 2009.

1. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I came across an ad for a 1996 TM 250 enduro model that looks to be in good shape for what seems like a great price. I suppose my questions regard parts availability for the most part, but also what it's like to ride--power delivery? Woods handling? Suspension? Any info would be hugely appreciated.
  2. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks! Looks like a treasure trove of info.
  4. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I remember riding a 95' to 96' Gas Gas with the TM 250 motor back in the day and it was amazing. Granted, I owned a clapped out 96' KX 125.

But the power delivery of the motor was smooth!
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Going to look at it tomorrow. If it's as nice as in the pictures, then I'll be coming home with it!

[IMG]

He also has the original pink plastics and an aluminum tank for it. If I slap the hot pink plastic back on it, I'll be the envy of all the kids with the neon garish gear that's coming back into style...

Here's a pdf of the 1996 brochure. PINK!!!
    http://www.tm-racing.co.nz/tm/tm_1996.pdf
  6. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

saw that one as well,looks pretty good in the pics,clean title is the deal maker for me,if it wasnt so far away,I would have already bought it!
  7. tord Husqvarna
    B Class

the pink plastic would be the deal maker for me.
  8. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was supposed to check it out yesterday, but it sold before I could get to it. Blast! Oh, well. I really didn't need another bike. Now I can spend that money on getting my forks revalved.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Man, I'd have been on it like green on a June bug.
  10. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

for whats its worth ..thats an extremely potent bike you missed out on.
    they were and still are a fairly ballistic machine..fun for while but as soon as you got tired or one little bobble and it was a trip to the hospital :D

and if that wasnt enough then there was the 300 :eek:

the dealer beside me runs the TM wec team and has pretty much anything you'd ever want for one of these.

as a side note there was a tm 300 from that era that i think in my circle of biking friends nearly everyone had a broken bone from. it used to run right side up forks..and had two throttle settings...

jeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssussssssssssssss thats fast ....and then the second when the power really kicked in :lol:
  11. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure I would've raced it, but it would have been a nice playbike/curiosity. Especially for $600.
  12. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

hey just found another teaser for you complete with the original plastics!:thumbsup:

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/64/43995964.html

one of the fire breathing dragons that left many a broken bone in its wake !
  13. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

A bit too far away to make the deal work, I'm afraid...