What is new for 09?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ElDiablo, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Any news on 09 Husky? Any changes for 08?
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well....i'll take a stab at it.

First--the '08's had lots of changes, including 3 new models, new frames, suspension and lots more.

For '09 it looks like at least 2 new models, both are bored out 250's-one is the 2 stroke 'WR300' and the other the new DOT TE310.

The big news so far--and Husky hasnt spilled all the beans yet--is the late in '09 all new 250 motocrosser. The motor is lighter than any other made, and there is lots of anticipation this platform will give the other big 6 bikes a run on the MX track.

The bikes all have modified frames and little changes here and there, Husky always improves things, every year.

For the 125 2 stroker in all of us there is an all new 125 motor and frame--Husky seems to see a niche for well supported 2 strokes.

Rumors about the 610 and a mini-bike continue to get banged around, and the official word is 'wait until the dealers meeting' - i have no info on these bikes.

Other news in October at the dealers meeting will include some interesting announcements regarding personal.

My lips are 100% sealed, but all the above has been posted on TT so i feel its ok to write whats above. It is obvious the '09 story is not yet all revealed. And the story is about more than just the bikes.

Some additional news might trickle out from Europe before Oct, time will tell.

Hope that helps you choose which Husky to get!
  3. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, I'm thinking 510 Sm
  4. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

The current issue of Cycle News has a mini-test of the '09 300 and 310 and a list of what's new. You can view one issue on-line without a subscription, www.cyclenews.com. Here is what they list as new on the TE's:

TE250/TE310/TE450/TE 510 Enduro four-stroke models.

New lighter, more rigid frame
    New wave-type disc brakes
    New left- and right-side engine protectors
    New aluminum sidestand
    New headlight grille
    New digital display
    New front-suspension settings
    New Sachs shock absorber
    Black anodized wheels
    New graphics and color coding
    New exhaust system
    New oil-circuit-pressure relief valve