1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What model year Husky 125's have broken frame issues?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wdsracer, Mar 5, 2012.

1. wdsracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda xr250r
    Hi guys I'm looking at later model 07 and up Husky 125's(cr and wr) and I'm a bit confused on which bikes had broken frame issues? What was the deal with this issue? Was it a small amount of bikes had problems and were they recalled? How will I know if I look at a used bike was it taken care of or not?

thanks
  2. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2009 and 2010 models were hit and miss frames. My 2010 frame was no good. Husky warrantied it after several pairs of broken head stays and a few cracked engine mounts. The 2011 frame I've had no problems with.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 07 and 08 are basically the same as the 02-06 bikes.

Different plastic and rear brake.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep 2009 and 2010 had isolated frame cracking issues.
  5. wdsracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda xr250r
    Thanks for the replys. I looked at an 09 wr125 with about 5 tanks of gas through it, original everything even tires. The frame looked fine but what happens if I buy it and the frame breaks? Am I going to have to pay or will Husky NA warranty this through a dealer? Has anyone gone through this?
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    If I recall correctly there was no major frame issues with the WR125's, there was no recall for sure. They replaced the frame on my 09 CR with one from a WR before it even left the showroom. The 09 WR's had some issues with cracking the factory head stays but they came out with updated ones that corrected that issue.

Later,
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Personally I would not worry about it. Solid bike with a few isolated frame issues. Fantastic bike, don't miss out.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm pretty sure the major issues were with the CR's. Husky took my '09 CR back and gave me a brand new '09 TXC 250 as a replacement.
  9. wdsracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda xr250r
    Ok guys thanks for all the feedback it does not sound like a widespread problem. I will continue my search. Thank You.
  10. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    are you sure about that,it defo has a different tank but if i can put the newer tank n plastics on mine that would be great.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes, basically the same bike and several have converted the plastic both directions.
  12. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are some threads about this on TT with details. The 06-08 had the different plastic but the frame was the same except there is a new post that holds the tank on. I think some people weld it on to use the newer tank, or maybe there is another way. But that is the only difference that I am aware of.
  13. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Get the bike with the newer frame and then get the WB 165 kit!!! You will smoke your riding buddies when things get tight! The plus side.......the bike holds its own in the faster sections:thumbsup: