1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What springs for 09 125?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Jul 13, 2010.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I picked up a 09 150 yesterday. Sitting on it in the garage it feels like the fork springs are plenty stiff and the shock spring is a little soft. I have not ridden the bike or attempted to set the sag so this is just a first impression. Does anyone know what spring rates come on this bike and what a 195 pound rider would need?
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Check your sags. Front fork sag should be about 40-45mm static and 75-80mm rider sag.
    Rear shock sag should be about 30-35mm static sag and 105-108mm rider sag. Stock should be close.
    Dwight
  3. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Most likley you will have to put a stiffer spring in the front. The rear should be OK for your weight. Break them in first.
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Definately put some time on the bike before you change anything. I have about 20 hours on my '09 and the forks feel softer every ride. I thought the forks were too stiff during the first ride but they are almost too soft now.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good idea. set sag breakin in and reset. More time on the bike better it will feel. I believe stock springs in front are 42's ( you may not even need springs at all. I did not like the action of the stock fork so I had halls lower and revalve both the f and r. I am considering going to a 40 fork spring ( we have alot of rocks etc..)
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The rear spring is a 5.2 which would have been a little light on the old 125 but I do not know if the leverage is the same. I backed it off all the way then added 13mm of preload. The sag it close now but the static sag is only about 7mm. With how tight everything is I don't trust the static sag much. I will recheck after I ride it but I am guessing I need to go up to about a 5.5 on the back and probably leave the front alone.