1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What temperature on engine is right?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

My question is what the temperature should be on the 2-stroke engines. How do i know that my engine isn´t too cold for the iceracing for example? How do i measure it?

Johnny
  2. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    u can get an infrared heat sensor, or some temperature stickers.

I think it would be fine as soon as its warmed up. AFAIK the thermostat on the bike will cut off coolant flow until the engine reaches operating temperature.

Therefore it really wouldn't ever be too cold.

At least thats how a vehicle engine works, I believe it applies to bikes as well.
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

On my KTMs yes that would be true,....however I don't think the WR300 has a thermostat. At least my '09 doesn't have one.
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    See if in the package you should have got with the bike there is a sheet of some sort to put in front of one radiator. The ktm I have with a thermostat only does it effect one radiator and you put the sheet in front of the other one in the winter. Just from looking at the size of the radiators and the water pump seems one on a modern bike would be pretty close to the effect of two older ones like late eighties. Actually find the themostat and make sure it is there. I would think something from automotive with a guage on the dash and a sensor to go in the water jacket if there isn't anything specifically motorcycle oriented. How about carb icing?
  5. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Johnny's a Swede,...and I'm presuming his bike is the Euro model, so I don't know if they're different or not. But here's the parts fiche breakdown of the US/CAN '09 WR300 like mine,......no thermostat.

https://www.halls-cycles.com/Catalog/PDF/Husqvarna .PDFs/2009/2009-WR 250-300.pdf

I did get the black plastic block off plate,...but you could make one of those out of a Prestone jug or something and zip tie it in place.
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

You´re right, there is no thermostat on it, but maybe it´s a good idea to put some temperature stickers on then? I have covered half of both radiators now, and it runs fine, but you know, you want to make it as good as possible=)! New bike too, so i want to be careful, but it ran like a jet plane today! Lots of power! Nice iceracing today!
  7. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

way cool! i think i will get one for the 144! way to cool for the price!
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i placed the blue piece in the big tube that goes from the radiators to the water pump. this means that the temperature i gave you is the "cold" water temperature.

r
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Great! Do you know if they sell parts abroad? What did you pay for a complete kit, and which kit was it?
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

do you mean the shop of which i posted the links? yes, they sell to sweden.

r
  13. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok. Is that the one you have? Just so i know if it fits my bike. Is there any part nr or do they know which one fits the WR 300? Do you remeber what you paid?

Thanks again!

Johnny
  14. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i'm using the blue connector piece (16mm, if i remember correctly), in combination with a japanese thermometer device that a colleague gave to me.
    kart dealers usually stock these items, cost should be around 50-60 euro (for good quality; you can also spend 100 euro, of course).

r