1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What to look for in used 09 WR125 and 2010 CR150?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AndreiD, Nov 21, 2012.

1. AndreiD Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr50
    Hi,

I am from B.C., Canada and recently purchased a CR50 for the little bugger to his great pleasure.
    That makes me lust for a used 2009 WR125 or 2010 CR150. Both have FMF pipe and silencer but seem to have been well ridden. The front brake pedal cable of the WR will have to be replaced.

What else should I closely look at?

Cheers,

P.S.: I have read the posts here that mostly say Go for the CR!
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

the 2009's had the frames replaced under warranty...some broke.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

A lot of the niggling little problems with the 09's were fixed for 10. I have to say that I would tend to go with the '10 because of that. Both bikes are pretty bullet proof so unless they were totally abused they should be great bikes.
  4. AndreiD Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr50
    Thank you for your comments as they all point to the 2010 model. The question is a matter of cost really.

I also have a possibility of buying a WR300 (same price as the 2010 CR150). Being somewhat limit physically (1.74m/75kg and 40+), I intent to participate in local enduros races (see some videos here http://www.dirtbiker.ca/pnwma ). Last bikes I rode off-road were a TTR-250 and KTM105. I stopped riding the last 2 years.
    I like a light bike and don't mind a 2 stroker but the KT105 was too tiring on a 3-hour enduro. Would the WR300 feels like a heavy 4-stroke but easy to ride or should I stick with a CR150? Tks.
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Depends on your riding style man... Do you like to ride aggresively?, or do you like to have extra power on hand that is accesible by the twist of a throttle?

If you want something in the middle (which is my prefrence), get the 150, and upgrade to a 165 with a fatty pipe. You can be super aggresive if you like, then when you get tired and lazy, you can sit down, click it up a gear, and keep on keepin on.
  6. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    get the 150 and seriously consider the 165 combo.

you will last much longer in an enduro competition pace then the 300.

I would advise differently if you where 15 years younger.

Robert-Jan
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If anyone is interested I have a 2011 listed for sale in the classifieds. Mine has held up extremly well and I am replacing mine with a 2013.