1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What to look for on front wheel after riding 45 miles on flat?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Apr 16, 2011.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I was on a 100 mile race last weekend and at mile 55 front tire goes flat. Stopped and put air in and no hissing. So I continue...couple rock gardens later it was flat again. Stopped..aired up and no hissing again so I continue again and yet again flat a couple rock gardens later. I continued this rountine until mile 85 or so and said screw it I will just ride through it. Gawd the blisters....anyway I was curious what to look for when taking the tire off and replacing the rube. The wheel "seems" ok and bearings seem ok but I havent taken the wheel off yet either(its a wr300)
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Should only be bent rim issues. If bent real hard maybe loose spokes. Should not affect bearing or anything else. If the rim looks OK, slap a tube in and ride :thumbsup:
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Take the tire, tube and rim strip off and then re-mount the wheel in the forks. Spin if and notice if the rim is true and/or wobbles. Check the spoke tension to ensure there are no loose or broke spokes.
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    +! Fast1...if it's still true, slap a new front tyre and tube and go again[IMG]