1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What weights are you guys on 150's?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kyspeedfactory, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kyspeedfactory Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Well I picked up a buddies 09 300 and had just bought a 06 CR144....I really like both bikes but the 300 seems pretty good for me around here with some tricky rooted hill climbs....

was trying to get rid of the 144 but since I have only had a couple PMs and no real solid leads looks like I am gonna get rid of the 300(since I have a buyer weighting)....

I am 225 and a Senior A rider(although kind new to the woods)....

Suspension is fine, motor seems fine to me, pulls my big butt up the hills with ease....only place I run into trouble is rooted uphills or hills with a huge ditch right at the bottom...the 300 pulls my lard butt around without a problem and had a rekluse....

I guess I can get a rekluse for the 144 and that should solve some of it...just wondering...
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm about 170 lbs with ALL my gear and a full Camelbak. I love my Husky small bore. I'm currently running the WB 165 setup, but I did just fine with the 125, too. EFM auto clutch made all the difference in really technical stuff. And with the 165, lack of low end power is NOT a problem EVER. With the 125, I had to commit to being on the pipe to rip up a hill. The 165 doesn't care.
  3. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Around 225 with gear. I also have the WB165 with a Rekluse EXP. The bike will pull me up anything I point it at even without being on the pipe.
  4. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Hey are you doing the RORR HS this Sunday?
  5. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I'm 220 with gear and the 144 pulls me fine as long as I don't ride it like my 300. Also known as "riding a gear high".
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    220 without gear, rode in 125 form for months... Worked great, except the hills like you mentioned, I had to abuse the clutch like no other... The WB165 kit took care of that....
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I am about 186 lbs including all you need to ride 125 served me well without an issue and yes I did use the clutch sometimes.

currently I am in the middle of an engine overhaul and upgrade to a 165, most likely it will increase only the grin factor and the the NR of riders that envy me :D

Robert-Jan
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am one of those geeks that thinks they need to carry enough crap in their back pack to completely re-build their bike on the trail. Riding weight is close to 245#'s. My 144 worked well if it did need to be spinning to pull some stuff. 165 doesn't care what I weigh, it just lugs or rips up anything.
  9. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    Don't sell your 300! The 150's are fun if you like to shift alot.

"there is no replacement for displacement"
  10. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I won't be racing until probably late July. I had knee surgery, and although it's feeling pretty good, I want it to feel REALLY good before the green flag drops and my brain turns off. If I were 100%, I'd totally be there. Have fun.
  11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    224lbs on a good day !!! As a 125 the WR would get me around and up most things with a bit of clutch work, as a 144 it pulls hills and gets over logs ect much better,
    Now have amassed all the parts to ship to for a 165 kit :thumbsup:
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

210 with gear and my WB165 pulls me around without any problem; haven't tried it with my new EXP yet. Bump that 144 up to the WB165 and I think you will be very happy.
  13. Kyspeedfactory Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    I had a KTM 200 and hated it....think that was mostly the chassis....I love the Husky Chassis and feel...I feel I go faster on the 144 but its just the 1 spot per lap that screws me....I think the rekluse would help for the rooty junk....I dont have problems until I have zero momentum....
  14. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I'm 215 with gear and my wr144 gets me up, over, or through anything I want it to. A little clutch work is required on the real steep technical stuff but what a great motor, amazing how it will lug like a bigger engine and still sing up top:thumbsup:!
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm 185lbs (Naked). I ran 13/52 gearing and my 144cc would pull me up any hill with NO clutch work. I strongly advise against getting a Rekluse for this bike. It flat doesn't need it. I use the clutch less on this bike than any bike I have had. Including big bores. I run 14/52 geariong on my 165cc and it pulls strong everywhere.
  16. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I,m 419 ,my mother cooked for 10 and I was the only kid.just kidd,n, I,m 168 on a good day.Thats without gear,I,m also on the WB165.
  17. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    That sucks! Hope it gets 100% soon! Looks like the hardwoods hs is the last one in July. No more racing for me after that until September. A month to recuperate! Woohoo! I will post a race report afterwards. I work until 0100 HRS on Sunday so as usual I will be sleep deprived! Still looking forward to it!
  18. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good luck. I go see the Surgeon about my shoulders Monday. Left one needs major work NOW. Constant pain with Arthritis, Torn ligaments, torn rotator cuff and debris floating around in there. Right one has arthritis and a torn rotator cuff.
  19. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I had a full lenght tear which made it into some news letter for surgeons,thats how bad it was,didn,t help that the tear was 4 months old when I finally got it repaired,the muscle bsically started decaying.Goodluck rehab was painfull.
  20. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

Holy cow, if you were a horse, we'd have to shoot ya :cheers:
    Gotlabs and Blakelpd5 like this.