1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What year is my 125 motor

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by R_Little, Jan 14, 2013.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a spare 125 bottom end that looks almost new.
    I believe it is a 2002 or later.
    Motor # is A4 50898. what year is this?

The motor number on my 04CR125 is A4 51034 if I read it right.
    I'm thinking the A4 may mean 2004 in modified Hexidecimal.
    If the other numbers are sequential then might it be 136 motors newer than the CR motor?

Anyone know for sure?

The strange thing is it has a Pro-X rod in it, but the motor looks new otherwise. Did Husky ever use Pro-X rods in new motors? stange to have a new looking motor with an aftermarket rod in it.

Thanks
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I don't know what to tell you, I bought a new 2004 wr 250, have the certificate of origion and it seems to match up with the parts sheets for 2004 but it says 2002 on the sticker on the steering neck. What I would say is of intrest is it the marginally wider ratio transmission of the wr but not by 2004 as those were the old cr transmission by then. It can be figured out by counting engine revolutions to sprocket revolutions in low and high gear and looking at the data. The other thing would be if the holes to ballance the crank are the plugged design for a filled crank. I may be all mixed up but that is what I would be curious as to what it is more than the actual year which supposedly there was some flood in 2003 which might effect more than the 100 year aniversery decals.

fran